Walther PPK .380

I bought my Interarms PPK/s Stainless .32acp about six months ago just for the romance factor, but have grown to love and respect this weapon a great deal. I've put right at a thousand rounds of reloads and silvertips through it with out any jams at all.
I truly expected this pistol to jam quite a bit based on other peoples opinions, but it has not been the case with mine. Obviously with such a variance in opinion, the quality of the Interarms versions is "hit or miss" so act accordingly.
I wouldn't trust any weapon for defense until I had at least a thousand rounds through it without malfunction and "knew" the weapon inside and out. If you get one that works, and works in your hand, you'll love the PPK/s.

------------------
TJS

I have a blue Sig P232 that I trust totally and is very accurate. I had an Interams PPK, but could not depend on it re feeding. I am in the market for a German made PPK (pre 68); and, as someone mentioned, will have to take a chance on it not having been someone's problem. I wish the Sig were the same size as the PPK, since it is my CW.
Walther USA people have said that their new product will have a couple of subtle changes for the better, but the Walther stamp is not on the guns yet. Might have to check out one of those later this year when they are on the market. They still will be manufactured by the same company in Alanbam, I understand.

My wife has a stainless steel Interarms PPK/S. It is a beautiful weapon. Shoots straight and fit her hand like a glove. Yes it does jam but once in a blue moon and most likely due to bad reloads. My wife shoots a threee inch group from 10 yards. Yes the Sig does have a good gun but the added safety of a safety device on the PPK is what tips the scale in the safety department.
In a nutshell it kicks a**! I suggest tallying the pro and anti PPKs as well as their praises and complaints to come to your answer.

------------------
RONIN - samurai with no masters

Back