Walther P99 decocking

Mr. Pub, that's an interesting fact. I did not know the QA had such a feature. My standard P99 has a decocker that is just that - it only decocks the weapon into the DA mode. The weapon will fire after being decocked.

(And yes, you can cock at least the standard P99 by pulling the slide back. I've done so numerous times, especially when dry-firing. There should even be a special holster out there that has extra room for the frame. Just push down on the grip while the gun is holstered to cock it.)

Scooter2 has made a valid point in whether any weapon without a manual safety is a safe one, but the amount of people carrying Glocks and other such weapons without ADs would suggest that it can be done safely. Holster selection might become more important, that I'd agree with. But if I refrase the question to "Is carrying a standard P99 in SA trigger-forward mode more dangerous than carrying any pistol without a manual safety?", I can't see any reason why the answer would be "yes". If anyone disagrees I would be very interested to understand why.

Back