Wally World 9mm Deal

AndABeer

Just back from Wal-mart where they had Winchester 100 rnd boxes of 9mm 115gr FMJ. It was bulk packaged for $12 so it equated to $6 per 50 rnd box. Great deal if you ask me.

Darn it! WalMart doesnt carry ammo in my "beloved" state of NJ. Kmart does but they are a tad more expensive.

Lochaber

I just came from Wally World. The guy in front of me bought
Winchester 9mm for $6.97. I don't know exactly what he bought but it was in 50 round sized boxes. Hope they don't run out before I get back.

Winchester Range Ammo $11.93per 100 round bulk pak. Brass case that appears to be just like the other Winchester white box stuff, so it should be reloadable.
I ran 75 or so rounds through my CZ75 and was somewhat disappointed in the accuracy at first. After firing a few hundred rounds of .22 ammo through 2 Buckmarks, it was obvious the accuracy problem was me and not the ammunition. :( (somedays you're the bug, other days you're the windshield) It is a very dirty round to shoot though. My hands were covered with soot after using it, but at that price, for a brand name like Winchester, I can stand a little (lot?) dirt. Here's hoping it's a regular item at Wally World.

The sales guy was going to take a markdown and sell me 6 boxes for $6.97 each cause that's what the price on the shelf was. The computer rang it up at $11.93, and he figured it was a computer error. I pointed out to him the $6.97 price was for a 50 round box. I almost got a GREAT deal.

It's a really good deal. I've had no problems with the Winchester. A better deal can't hardly be found. You might save 50 cents a box if you go to a show or mail order something (not considering shipping), but even then you'd be ending up with some of that Wolf crap or something of unknown origin.

Yes and no, on the mail order idea. I get S&B for $6.70 a box shipped and you can get better deals if you look around. Personaly I prefer the S&B to Win white box because I find it cleaner, more precise and even a bit more consistent. I have "felt" Winchester to be less consistent in presures. Maybe it was just me, and I do admit that it is a pretty darn good deal for over the counter and small quantities. It takes buying 1000 rounds to get the price above.

Lochaber

I just got 1000 rounds of PMP 9mm for $99, shipped to my doorstep. That's $5.00 per box of 50, which isn't too shabby for brass cased boxer primed stuff!

I just bought several 5-round boxes of Winchester 12 gauge slugs at Wal-mart for $1.00 apiece. Choice of either 2 3/4" hollowpoints or 3" magnums. 20 gauge slugs were 75 cents a box. Of two stores I frequent, one had this deal while another didn't. I also noticed the deal on Winchester 9mm 115 gr. FMJ. Looks like time to stock up.

I Would Have EMailed You... But...

Martowski, could you reveal where you got such a sweet deal on PMP 9mm ammo? Thanks... ;)

Darryl

My local Wally World prices:
9mm
115 gr. Win USA = $6.49 a box!!
115 gr. Rem UMC = $6.97 a box.
115 gr. Win WC = $8.47 a box.

230 gr. Win WC = $13.97 a box.
230 gr. Rem UMC = $13.97 a box.

Needless to say, I usually clean them out of Winchester USA 9mm every week...;)

Yeah, Martowski, please give up your source. That sounds like a good deal for new, reloadable ammo.
DAL

But some of us are reload-challenged (though not for long:)) Thanks for the heads up on the WalMart deal. I put 200 rds thru my carry G19. Then discovered the extractor was broken. :(

I guess I'll go back today and pick up some more to run through my K9, since that's become my primary CCW for the time being.

Does anybody else get a yellow residue on their hands from shooting the Win USA?

I thought reloads ran about $5 a box or more? Is 9mm stuff a lot cheaper to reload? One of the reasons I have not seriously thought about a reloader is because I shoot mostly 9mm and it's not expensive compared to other calibers

shiro

Back