Walker Loading Lever Clip

Yup, the web in between the two holes could probably be done away with. Probably should, in fact, even if it were to remain a plastic or extruded part.

If you want simple the best bet is to go to the orthodontist and get a package or two of those tiny clear rubber bands. :)

An alternative design based on Swathdriver's comment:

oQVHjCl.png

Steve

Last edited:
The latest iteration is made of steel. Earlier version was brass. The brass ones are expensive to made because of the cost and low availability of brass stock.

I have thousands of short peices of "brass tubing".... nearly closed on one end, but for a small hole in the center. So much of it in fact that when a piece get worn out, I often discard it..... what diameter did you need?

Jimbob....

Hmmm... Lets see now....

Larger diameter tube should be close to 13/16. Smaller dia. is about 7/16.

PM sent....

As Ronald Reagan always said, "Well"

I think I have finally sold enough of these clips to buy my Luger.

Gentleman from Eastern Shore of VA is bringing one to the Gunshow on the 17/18 Oct. It is a 1916 DMW in good shape but with mismatching numbers (upper and lower). It is a 9mm with a magazine that matches the numbers on the frame.

He wants 700.00 and I will try to negotiate with him. He has another semi auto from the cold war that I want and I have a revolver that he might want.

I talked to a patent person regarding the clip. Their cost was right at 4500.00 to do all of the patent work and then give me the names of the organizations which might be ready to market the product. If I do it (and I am not a dummy) it appears that it would cost between 400.00 and 700.00 up front for a patent. I don't need an attorney and I already know who might want it for marketing. The process seems easy enough. Then about another 300.00 to 400.00 post issue.

I don't think the patent would ever properly protect the idea because, a) the market for it is very small, and b) in the unlikely event that someone infringes, I could never afford to legally inforce the patent. Hence....Unless I can convince the government that I am a "micro entity" (possible but not easy) I will likely abandon the patent idea. I have done a cursory patent search (phew!) and there is no covering patent in existence.

Last edited:
Gary....Agree....

There is absolutely zero practical, financial reason for patenting this device.

The only reason for doing the patent is so that I can tell my peers that I have a patent. (Might be helpful in promotion at my university, but I doubt it. That would be financial indirectly)

I do have some other irons in the fire.

Coworker of mine got a patent.

Anyway, Rich Davis (Second Chance Vests) told me he doesn't even try to go against patent violators. Too much money, too much stress all for too little gain. Philips who designed the television sued and took thirty years to prevail. By the end of it though he was a miserable physical wreck. Like you said, it's all about bragging rights.

I haven't downloaded the file...

Haven't needed it yet but I am fairly certain that I will.

Yes am up close to 700.00 in eBay sales. If you add the ones I have sold here and elsewhere I am over 700.00.

Awesome. Go ahead and grab the file so I can delete it before someone else finds the file and downloads it. It's unlisted, but it's a public page.

Steve

Back