Walker Loading Lever Clip

Doc Hoy

Came up with an idea to hold my loading lever (Walker Colt) in place during the discharge event.

Some boring braising and polishing

It is open at the top to clear the sight.

Lined with felt to hold it in place and protect the barrel.

Doc

Clever, functional ...easy to revert to original configuration and beats the socks off of a rubberband. You didn't say it was ferrous in so many words.....but will you blue it to match.... for stealth?

You may have to market your 'Walker lever-locker'!

Yup!

That was me, about two or three years ago.

I ran myself out of brass.

On this one the felt doesn't look too good.

I am thinking about some felt dots like you can get in a craft store.

Foolsrushin....

Thanks for the compliments.

Prolly won't blue it because of the braising for the join.

I made up about two or three of them some time ago (the brass ones) and put them on the evil bay.

They sold but I can't remember what they fetched.

These things could be made of plastic in an injection mold for about a penny a piece.

I doubt there is much of a market.... How many Walkers are out there?

I have one but I already bought one of the clips from me.

Actually, I didn't buy it from me. I traded it for a Remington Rolling Block in .45-70. I bought the RRB off of the Gunbroker and then traded it to me in exchange for the Walker clip.

Last edited:
I have one...

... Doc made and sent to me a year or 2 ago. It has worked perfectly ever since.

Thanks again Doc!

:cool:

Birch

I always wondered, what did they do in days old when knights were bold, Did they ignore a non problem? Did they tie a strip of leather lacing around the barrel or what. ( never owned a Walker ).

RJay

Did they ignore a non problem?

It always was a problem, this is why models after the Walker had a loading lever retaining clip to keep it from dropping under recoil.

Did they tie a strip of leather lacing around the barrel or what.

Yes they did. The problem with this is, the front sight is so short the leather lace actually obstructs the front sight.

Birch

I think the most accepted fix

Is to work on the existing catch with a file and pliers. This is the easiest and most unobtrusive fix. But some folks recoil at going to town on the catch. If it breaks you are looking at a replacement.

I must hasten to add this caution.

I have not shot my Walker a lot with this clip installed. I know that it will remain in place with the muzzle pointing down. (It doesn't slide off) It doesn't seem to move because of recoil, remaining in place for six shots.

But I don't know if repeated use would have an effect on the finish of the barrel. I am afraid one might get some polishing similar to holster wear. The clip is lined with felt so it doesn't scratch. But it might rub.

Last edited:
Back