wad thickness

I to have just checked out that site, i like the $ on
the 454 rb:confused:,8 bucks for a 100:eek:, now thats
what i call a good deal, i can get them for 12.50 per 100
so i wonder how much is the s.h. cost?:cool:

Long Rider, et al.

I ordered 1000 .380 balls. They arrived in a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. Shipping cost me $10.00. Total bill was $80 making the total price $8/100. Without knowing for certain; I'd say the .454s would be the same puting the total price at $9/100

That price is good & if I didn't cast my own .457 balls that'd be where I'd buy mine but being that I do cast my own I get some where around 1500 rds. for around $40.00 & it is getting cheaper since I get all the stick on wheel weights that I want from work. :D

now as far as the wads go, that does look like a great price & I may make a purchase real soon "haven't gotten around getting my self a punch yet & material to make my own yet.

Also, I've noticed that he doesn't do any .54cal stuff, maybe he doesn't have any .54cal rifles..

Raider Qs for you, how many 454 rbs do you think i could
get out of 5lbs lead,? at the plumbing surply they want
allmost 20 bucks a lb, and i was told by a muzzle loading
guy i meet at the range he said do not use wheel weights
they not good for muzzle loading that was his words.
Man i am telling you this is so frustating trying to get going
on makeing your owen rbs, i have got a set of moulds for
454, i was going to get a lead pot a dipper and a camping
stove, but without a surply of lead i am up the creek without
a paddle, well its just one more setback for me:mad::mad:

First off.
Clip on Wheel weights are not that great for making muzzleloading Bullets because they tend to have more Antimony & Tin in them {Lead 95% Antimony 2.5% Tin .5% Arsenic .1% Trace elements 1.9%} but Stick on Wheel Weights are very close to pure lead as I can get "for free that is" they usually are {Lead 98% Antimony .25% Trace elements 1.75%} which is OK for making Muzzleloading bullets.

What you may want to do is find a auto shop or tire shop & see if they'll give or sell you their wheel weights "some will because they have to pay to have it taken away, then seperate the stick on ones from the clip on ones & give the clip on ones to a modern gun shooter that cast his/her bullets for their rifle & pistols.

Another way is to buy some pure lead & get the clip on wheel weights & split the difference, 2lb of wheel weight to 5lb of pure lead which will still be a little tough but real close to what you want "about 97.5% lead & other elements."

As far as ammount.
140gr. .454 ball
7000gr. per Lb. of lead
50 ball per Lb. so 250 ball for 5Lbs. of lead.

Oh & BTW..

http://www.rotometals.com/Lead-Ingots_c_9.html

They have Pure lead a lot cheaper than what you can get it from that plumbing place.

Kudos on the .44 wads

Received my .44 cal. wads today, they look just like the hi priced spread. I will shoot them later this week, they look great, can't beat the price, fast, friendly service.
These guys look like a great vendor. BPSTUFF.com

Thanks raider, for your info, i have been loading 454 rbs in 45 colt
its a lot cheaper than 500 rounds of 250 grn rn bullets so i load rbs
on top of 30grns of 3f, and they shoot good, i will check in to auto
shops, if i dont get no joy, well i will just keep on buying them.:(

Fast Shipping

I ordered them on 4-23 and received on 4-28. With the weekend in their it was pretty darn quick, pd. with Paypal. Gonna go 'make some noise' at my brit buddies place tomorrow, and try them out. Shipping was kinda steep @ 10.00 for express mail, but overall still a good value.

Last edited:
Deadguy said:
Raider,

If you would like them to do so .54 cal stuff for you, you can email them at bpstuffllc@sbcglobal.net and let them know what you'd like. I'm sure they'd look into getting it.
He he, that's alright, I have the makins at home for that too.
I was just mentioning it because this is the only popular caliber he doesn't advertize.

hows 700 .530 cast ball & 1000 pillow tickin patch sound.. :D

Back