W trying his best to loose my vote. (but has not yet)

fubsy, if voting actually made a difference it'd be illegal. I have to agree with Paul Revere in that as long as the establishment gets to pick the candidates, we'll continue down the road to serfdom. The only reason I urge folks to vote other than Republicrat is because it irks me to see people voting for their political enemy.

Do the Libertarians have a chance to win this election? No, and no third party ever will as long as most people keep telling themselves, "they don't have a chance". I'll make a prediction: GWB wins, but the total third party vote percentage is at an all time high. Another prediction: after GWB wins, he will sign more gun control into law.

------------------
"The right of self-defense is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." Henry St. George Tucker

To Jim in Texas and all single issue voters (RKBA) who are "looking for a name" in the Republican Party: http://www.keyes2000.com/issues/secondamendment.html
Yes, the Republican establishment may shut him down, but the establishment must know we want more than a "win" in the process. The establishment has no claim to my vote. I am subject to none. I, like my Libertarian friends will vote my conscience. Compare the statements of this candidate and GW and decide which ignites cynicism or stirs your soul.

[This message has been edited by G-Freeman (edited August 30, 1999).]

ipeac, Paul Revere,
Ill have to cogitate on it a bit, but im inclined to disagree to some extent, let me let it percolate and ill be back with ya. tks for the responses guys...fubsy

Just out of curiosity, why don't any of you consider Forbes?

And, regarding quotes, a writer friend surprised me today. Now, I don't believe everything I read in the paper. But, I tended to think quotes should generally be correct. Generally. He told me that editors and writes commonly fix the grammar in quotes, and sometimes even substitute words to make the quotes sound better. Gave me a new perspective on newspaper reporters. They are apparently an even lower life form than I realized ... ;)

Back