VZ-52... any owner / shooters out there ???

I saw a nice VZ 52/57 at a gunshow last wekend for $1200. That's about $500 or $600 more that it as worth.

The original 7.63x45 round is almost identical in performance to the 7.62x45 round. They shoot good, but are prone to having bad bores and cracked stocks. If you rechamber it for 7.62x39 the original mags become less reliable, but it's a fairly easy thing to modify an AK 47 mag to fit a 7.62x39 VZ 52

Buffalo has brass for the 7.62X45, I believe it is almost a buck a pop. 6.5 Carcano brass on the other hand is half that and can be modified quite simply. I have located some mags for mine but they range from $20-$30 apiece. I see these on ebay as well as original ammo for them. I have one that I would sell for $350 with one mag and one 15-rd box of original steel case ammo(all I have) if anyone is interested. I would rather put that money with some more and buy a CAR-15. The 7.62X45 is a useful cartridge, as it fires a somewhat heavier (132 gr) bullet at 150-200 fps faster than the 39mm round. The detachable mag is also a nice feature, but I just need to rid myself of "bastard" calibers.:eek:

Mine is 7.62X45 but the barrel is shot out.. I E-mailed a couple places about barrels and they said theres were pretty worn out too. I found a couple of these online for 600 and and found one for 400.. the ammo I found is in good shape and been buying for 9 dollars a box 15.. I like shotting mone alot.. 100 yards and being shot out does good still.. just tumbles badly.. I found a couple places that make stocks for them one is pretty pricey and I found a guy who mades mussle brakes for them.. pretty sharpe looking

the black crap will come off with chemical stripper, but they usually put that stuff on to cover up repairs to the wood. You probably won't like what you find under it.

I know about one of the cracks in it. I was thinking about taking off the black crap and pin up the stock where the crack is.. I striped it down so I can do the repairs and blue the barrel.. and get the barrel resleeved so the markings are the same..

I have a nice version of one of these and have never shot it since I purchased simply because I havent seen ammo for it and havent really looked for any but after this post I may get to it. This gun really got my attention because it looked like a cool gun to have.

I like shooting mine just have to work on it.. now though I found parts all over for it and I been finding alot of ammo for it to for cheap

Barrel

I found a guy at Omega guns in AZ that has barrels but he said they were is sad shape.. he gots alot of the parts for them.

Back