Visiting Florida

I would not store the pistol in the car at all. A crackhead will be able to read your facial expression unnoticed when you step out of your car and will instantly be able to tell whether there is anything of value in the car. Trust me, this is Florida and not some other wussy state. Keep your piece on you at ALL times. Here in Florida something crazy happens EVERYDAY whether it makes the news or not. Usually it is violent. Something that makes the news in your hometown is simply a daily occurrence for me.

Welcome to Florda.

I hope your attemping to be humorous. If not this is the dumbest post I have ever read(ok it is at least in the top ten). I have lived here(Hillsborough county)for approx 25 years and have traveled most of the lower 48 states extensively. The Tampa bay area is no better or worse that any other large city or municipality in regards to crime. Additionally the local crackheads don't have amazing powers of perception Xray vision or facial expression car contents equating abilities. Then again I don't run with the $gAnGsTA(_;_)wOrLd$ crowd, their crackheads may be more advanced than the run of the mill crackheads. But I somehow doubt it. I won't even get into the legalities of your advice in this post or others you have made.

Tampa Violence

I went to the University of Tampa and received a commendation fromt the Tampa City council for the SERVE (School Enrichment Resource Volunteers in Education). I was amazed at the level of violence. Hillsborough County ranked number 1 in incest in the country in 1990 and number 7 for homicide. In addition I was a bouncer at CC's The Next Generation bar near USF. Constant fights. Every night. So while I'm not into the gangsta thing, I do think Tampa was a little violent. I don't know about the abilities of its crackheads, I do not wish to offend Tampa residents, it had some very nice areas as well and still has the best steak house in the country: Bern's. So let's not paint the picture of Tampa as a hell hole, but it was not paradise either. Just a growing city dealing with the problems inherent in modern city life, and filled with a lot of good people adressing those problems.

Tampa is really ranked third in violent crimes behind Baltimore and D.C. but I wouldn't leave it for nothin'.

Still with the female hind-end in your signature huh DerDer. I remember someone asking you politely to deal with that. Apparently it doesn't bother you at all. It bothers me. I for one wish you would do something about it, Playah.

This a forum about friearm topics and this particular thread is about Florida, not my signature. I don't know what you interpret my signature as, but it means gangsta world.

I went to Florida in 2001 and took two 357 magnum revolvers (Taurus 605 and a Ruger SP101). I declared each and had them locked in a lockable hangun hard case. I kept my ammo separate in my lockable luggage with my clothes. I had no problems at all. I flew from DFW the Ft. Lauderdale. It is easy and safe. As said before, your airline will help.

Jim

I just returned from Ocala, Florida. I drove there, in my F-150, so no trunk. I kept my 45 revolver loaded in the box it came in, stuck in front of the seat. Not original, I know! But, after reading the Florida laws, I found out its legal, and I had no problems with break-ins, etc. Just lucky, I guess. I did see one woman at a gas station, with a pistol on her belt. I also noticed everyone was very pleasant to talk to! I kinda like their new laws..... it makes everyone be a little more eager to be friendly.

Remember to be nice to us locals since we can now shoot you for looking angry towards us

Yeee haw. Load up the pickem up truck boys. We's gots ourselves a city slicker to be a huntin'

Just kidding. Enjoy your stay. At least in the parts what ain't blue yet, we're all a bunch a good ol' boy gun nuts, even some of us Damned Yankees who moved down here.

Our ranking as #3 in crime comes from very small groups of areas. The low income/ public housing/ projects/ ghetto and surrounding scumbag areas account for a great majority of those stats.

Camden, NJ Takes the Cake

Camden is worse, trust me on that...

At the opposite end of the Morgan Quitno crime scale, Camden, New Jersey ranks as the nation’s most dangerous city for the second consecutive year. Located across the Delaware river from Philadelphia, Camden had the highest violent crime, murder and robbery rates among cities of 75,000 or more population.

“I know that this is not good news for Camden,” said Morgan. “The city and state have taken some important steps to fix its crime problems. Although Camden’s violent crime rate has increased 15% over the past five years, the rate actually declined nearly 6% from 2003 to 2004.”

You can't even carry in NJ unless you're a retired cop...But that doesn't stop the bad guys from carrying

Loved Florida and the Scenery

I just returned from 7 wonderful days in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. It was a very enjoyable time and the weather was outstanding. The temperatures were above normal for this time of the year, around 85 degrees everyday! :D My favorite spot was Siesta Key Beach which is known for it's soft white sand and the scenery wasn't bad either! Also in downtown Sarasota there is a huge statue of the famous photo taken of "the sailor kissing the nurse" in Times Square at the end of WW II. There is definately a lot of money in that area, especially on the Keys as I saw on Longboat Key and Siesta Key! But the traffic was absolutely terrible. :eek: Just as bad as the last time I went to bike week in Daytona. Of course it was the beginning of "spring break" and I understand it was going to get even worse then what I experienced.

All I can say is when I left Sarasota/Bradenton airport Tuesday it was 86 degrees and sunny and when I got home it was 30 degrees and snowing lightly! :eek: Bummer!

Also I might add my $150k house (here) would be worth $600k down there! :D

Back