Virginia

Hell-yeah it is, looks like I-66 just outside of Reston or maybe closer to Tyson's Corner.
Nope, I-66 gets no closer to Reston than about 6 to 7 miles as the crow flies (it is 4 lanes only at that point), and it is about 2 miles from Tyson's (495 goes through Tyson's, not 66). I-66 may be 6 lanes at some spots during the day, but one of those is a carpool lane, and one is a rush hour shoulder lane. In addition, Virginia doesn't use the domed glass lane dividers seen at the right of the pickup, and almost all roads are asphalt - that one is concrete.

Some folks may be preoccupied with Virginia's widespread traffic problem.:)

PICT0003.jpg

PICT8914.jpg

"The Virginia Gun Owner's Guide" is probably better than just about any course you could take. it has cites to enough cases to keep your reading for a while.

ALL Virginia lethal force law is case (common) law.

we have no real statute law for lethal force.

The state law for concealed carry is here:§ 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

You didn't really say why you were moving, none of my business, but Jefferson's UVA and Charlottesville has some historical clout and a reasonable standard of living, and there are various governmental doings in the area which Im sure you can research if that is open to you. http://www.rrpc.org/
Then you got the beach and associated naval and military, Richmond is nice once you get your way around.
Point being...it isn't all traffic, but a 4 wheel drive might be in your future if this winter is like the last.

Bring deer rifle and bird gun.:)

even though I don't live in VA. I've carried a good bit there..

with no problem.... but the northern VA area just below D.C. is just like any big Metro area... a nightmare in the a.m. and in the afternoon around 5....

I once had over an hour to get to near Arlington and was cooking up I-95 untill.... got off and still didn't make it.. did use up a lot of luck though... stupidly doing up to 90mph between lights in down town Alexandria.... all the cops must have been at Dunkins....

Just keep in mind that what rights you have in VA... you give up once you cross the river either into D.C. or over into MD

I moved from Northern VA (Woodbridge) two years ago to East Central Alabama. I had lived in No. VA for 20 years. My pulse rate went from 105 in Va to 72 in Alabama. While I was in VA, the open carry law came about. I have to say, I saw very few doing so and also very few I suspected of concealed carry. Most of the population in the area work for the Government or are civilian contractors for the Government. You can not carry in any manner in or on Government facilities. You spend so many dang hour at work or in you vehicle trying to get to and from work to where you only have about 8 hours of life left in the day. Therefore, I guess it gives you 8 hours to carry your favorite fire arm while you are sleeping.

About 2 years ago I attended a Navy ship reunion located out by Dulles Airport. Came into D.C. on Amtrak and drove out to meeting from downtown train station.

Came to the firm conclusion that the reason it took 4 years to fight Civil War was due to the roads in that part of the world. Nobody and I mean Nobody can figure out where they are much less where they are going.

As an example the group traveled around on tour busses with local driver and GPS and we still got lost or couldn't get there from here.

So, BEWARE, BEWARE!!

Back