Virginia TFL Gathering, Sat, 01-27-01

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Hey guys... I am flying out to Richmond this week and will be hanging out with my bros there.
We are planning a little trip to the D&P range, Saturday, 01-27-01 at about 2:00PM.
It would be cool if we could have a little gathering there and see some faces!
Uh, and could someone bring a .45 - the airlines asked that I not bring mine with me on the plane...

Well, aren't you just the jet-setter! Two simultaneous threads proposing shoots thousands of miles apart...you are truly a steely man of action.

Seriously...Shin Tao gets off work at 3 on Saturday. I figure we'll just zip right over to D&P afterwards; it's only about five minutes away.

Now for my favorite part...where should we eat? :)

Ahhhh....

Thai Diner it is, then.

Hey, George, since the meet discussions on Lock and Load are usually re: Utah Gatherings, do you think we should post a link in General to make sure Virginians see that this is happening?

Ducky, That'd be helpful. I just stumbled in and found this. Richmond is about 2 hrs from me, where's D&P? I could might maybe get a kitchen pass for the afternoon, and I can bring .45's. M2

If you like Duck... thats a good idea.
I am looking forward to visiting VA again. I have some retribution to deliver, some business, and spending time with family...
I am planning on spending Saturday at the range, shooting and BSing with as many TFLers as I can.
Why D&P? Well, for one, a TFLer helps run that little hole in the mud... They have a coke machine... Theres a Wendy's near by (I like Wendy's chili) and at one time I actually wanted to work there myself... Well, either D&P or Green Top - but GT doesnt have an range. Hmm... GT does have that little BBQ shack right there... Tell me the BBQ is still there!
Is VITO'S still there in the college district?

Well, Dag.

I just checked your post on the Shiner thread, now closed. And we just filled the fridge with Shiner for ya!

Oh well.

Somebody will drink it....

I'm gunna be nekked out there... Normally I travel with my Detonics loaded up with Cor Bon 185gr +P loads with a spare mag. I am not going to it with me on the plane, and I am not going to stow it in my lugage for some ramp-monkee to go through. Forget that! Shin doesn't have a 1911 I can borrow for the week... and I had to swap my VA card for a UT card. Argh. Can't even bring my AFCK due to FAA rules and same reason. Looks like my travel blade will be a wee little Spyderco Wegner JR.
Last time I was in Richmond I carried an HK USP .40 and an M-4 Carbine.

If this is an open invititation I can bring a 45. Does it have to be a 1911? How do you get to D&P? I will be coming from the East.

Hey Guys, I'll try to get there, but where in the hell am I going?

Mike in VA, I think that you and I live pretty close to each other. Wanna carpool?

I can't stay a really long time, as I have dogs I have to worry about...

George,

Want me to bring my 1917 in .45?

Hey Virginians,
A Charlottesville guy checking in. Where's "D&P" at? I've ben to Green Top a couple of times, but I usually only go to Richmond for the C&E gun shows.

Man, I havn't been there in some years... Its off Midlothian Turnpike, across from a State Police HQ, behind Southern Gun World... Thats about all I remember. I could drive there - but cant tell you...
I am kinda used to seeing everything in Richmond after dark.

I think D & P is on Midlothian Turnpike(Rte.60) at the intersestion of Turner Rd.This would be in South Richmond.
I think this is across from State Police Headquarters.If you get lost,ask for direction to SPH.Don't know if I can make this.

Wouldn't you know...I'd like to meet everyone at D&P, but I'll be in the Bahamas :(

The BBQ stand next to Green Top is run by:

Buz and Ned's Real Barbeque
1119 N. Boulevard
Richmond
355-6055

It's north of Broad St. halfway to the ball field, next to the Car Pool car wash, if you don't want to drive to Greentop.

Have fun. And ask them about their plans for building a new range on the property next door.

John

Mike Irwin, yeah, I'm up for a road trip. I can't make a long day of it, but I'd love to put some faces with some names. We can be home in time to feed the pupies, no prob. M2

Back