Vintage Black Powder - FULL CANS!

Yeah drobs, I'm still shooting black powder that I have had for at least 20 years. Goes off with no problems.

I purchased that 1962 can from a friend a few years ago. He had gotten a few cans from another friend. I think I bought about three cans, still sealed from the factory. It all went boom just fine.

You're right Driftwood.

Black powder, or as it used to be called, "Gunpowder," is amazing stuff. I have no doubt that if I were to store a can of it away in a time capsule, the finder, 100 - 200 hundred years from now would be able to ignite it with no problems.

I remember well buying DuPont in cans like that in the 1960s. The Goex a little later than that. Be careful what you say about "old" and "antique" . . . . you're dating some of us old farts! :eek::rolleyes::D

Speaking of getting old, I remember throwing an empty Coke bottle out the window of my Dad's car in the middle of the desert back in 1962 (I know, but everyone did it back then). If I were to have a sudden pang of guilt (which I do) and go back to that spot on Federal land and pick the bottle up now to dispose of it, I could be arrested for taking a relic (over 50 years old) from government property (law that went onto effect in the 1990s).

Back