Vest for IDPA

there's no advantage to dumping rounds to allow doing so

I knew that some rules were in place to prevent gaming the rules. Not moving doesn't quite offset it. I dump a round to avoid shooting one shot on a target and then having to reload to do the second shot.

They made the trade because the SO can't tell if someone dumped a round, but the SO can tell if they move their pivot foot.

I much prefer an oversized Hawaiian shirt to any vest.
Indeed. Beware of old farts in Hawaiian shirts. :D

knew that some rules were in place to prevent gaming the rules. Not moving doesn't quite offset it. I dump a round to avoid shooting one shot on a target and then having to reload to do the second shot.

They made the trade because the SO can't tell if someone dumped a round, but the SO can tell if they move their pivot foot.
I'm fine either way. I don't see why its an issue. I see the purpose of reloading while only in cover, but the "move one foot and you're ok" thing just gets confusing to me. I'd proffer, as long as you're not moving out of cover while empty you you should be good. But again thats just me.

@zinc...and guyebaras and layered shirts and the list goes on....and old guys will kill you cause screwing around isn't what they do in the USA.

I'd proffer, as long as you're not moving out of cover while empty you you should be good

In the real world that makes sense and, I believe, that was how the rule was originally. To be honest, in the real world you wouldn't dump a round. In the real world you wouldn't put exactly two shots on each target, either.

Agreed. We have CHLs on advice of police and attorneys due to a stalker addicted to pain pills. We were told to empty the mag, reload and get ready to empty the second one as fast as we could shoot.

But this is a game and that would end the stages pretty quick....

"Allrighty in this stage you're going to draw and empty your mag."

;)

Frankly I'm fine regardless on the "when to load front" as long as its the same rule for everyone. Me my self and I - well we wouldn't have had a rule.

It's a game, but it's better practice than shooting at a single bullseye which doesn't prepare you for anything other than being accurate when you are not stressed.

If it were all practice and not a game, it would be less fun and you wouldn't do it as often. The best of all worlds would be using simunitions on each other where making the right decision to shoot or not to shoot would be part of it. You could still make it a game and get scored.

Back