Vehicle rifle tasks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mellow, I'm torn. Will I need hi capacity more that precision? I know the legal issue associated with long range self defense however my short game is already partially covered via my handgun. Having medium to long range precision would be a big bonus for preventing bad guys from getting to close. My AK's are ok but run about 3-5 inches at 100 yards. I love the platforms power, capacity, and durability just nervous about its accuracy.

I don't know jeez I'm all confused up here. Riots are a big concern and capacity would be at a premium if caught in one.

I want to chime in here that I think the Springfield M1A hardly ever gets mentioned. I think it must be the most under-appreciated rifle there is.

Think about it - this is a combat-proven battle rifle. It is superior to the AK & M16 in a lot of categories. I really don't know too many vets who were around when the U.S. Army switched from the M14 to the M16, who were happy about the new M16 rifle. The platform is also still used as the M21 / M25 sniper rifle (I know there are 2 other sniper rifles in service now), but the M21 & 25 is still in service as a sniper rifle. Also - it is a perfectly good hunting caliber, used by a lot of hunters.

So to me, this is a very versatile rifle.

I want my vehicle rifle to be able to thin out a zombie road block before I get close in and have to use my shotgun to break through. The M1A does that !

Is the rifle going to stay in your vehicle at all times or come into the house when you go home?

Stay in the vehicle.

Thats one reason I don't get the M1A the others are size and weight.

Sorry guys, but no matter how you paint this, it's still a SHTF subject, and it's well known that we don't do those here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back