VA law: open carry multiple firearms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To much to read (but I read it all) but I see that you all definately don't exactly see where I am coming from. I have NO problem with other people carrying. But that is just my point. I DON'T know why they are carrying, why would I want to put myself in a situation where I am around some random guy who I KNOW is armed. I found myself at a gas station a few weeks ago, me and some friends were talking to this kid about his car that we had just run into. He looked like some punk ass kid and carried himself in a sloppy manner but he still seemed to be a nice guy. I noticed that he had a gun after talking to him for a few minutes and told my friend when I had a chance and we left. No I wasn't all FREAKED OUT but someone tell me why in the heck I would even care to hang around someone like that who I know is carrying. Most of my best friends carry. I don't freak out about them, and I don't freak out about anyone. There is more to be said but I'm probably just wastin my fingers and I'm tired. Oh yeah, and as far as no one seeing/caring about the gun to who ever it was carrying open in Arizona, they noticed. People notice those things. Trust me.

I'm sure a few of the folks in Arizona noticed. They just didn't alert, or even give a rip, probably because they had been around guns all their lives. Most of the ones who weren't actually carrying themselves at the moment probably had shotguns or rifles back in the truck....

They undoubtedly knew how to handle a gun themselves and probably figured anyone who was open carrying literally had nothing to hide :p

Like I said before, too bad that attitude has disappeared from most of the country.

What mvpel said.

Generally I think that the two are suited well to two distinct areas; open carry for casual dress - concealed carry for formal dress.

Perhaps it's just me, but I see a world of difference between wearing a pistol openly on your hip and dressing up in tactical gear and running around town with an AR-15. It is generally not socially acceptable to go pick up a gallon of milk at the local Stop & Rob while armed and equipped like you just stepped out of a Tom Clancy video game, just like it's not socially acceptable to do so while wearing latex clothing and cracking a bullwhip. At the very least you're unlikely to ever get a girlfriend in either instance.

...just like it's not socially acceptable to do so while wearing latex clothing and cracking a bullwhip. At the very least you're unlikely to ever get a girlfriend in either instance.
Depends on the girl, I suppose. :D

Depends on the girl, I suppose. :D

Very true, but in my experience those girls more often than not turn out to be the last girls you want to see in tight leather and latex outfits. :barf:

He looked like some punk ass kid and carried himself in a sloppy manner but he still seemed to be a nice guy.

It sounds to me like your more scared not so much becaue of the gun in and of itself but of the message this guy sent you by THE WAY HE LOOKED AND CARRIED HIMSELF as a punk. I am suspicious of such characters whether I know they have a gun or not. It's not the gun worry about it is the type of person carrying it. (it's the whole reason guys liike you and me and everyone else carry guns open or concealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back