UZI or MP5

I think firepower should get some .45 mac 10s. He wants something to shoot from a car, and the rate of fire is high anuf to get a whole clip of ammo into the target while moving quickly. As far as the recoil due to the bolt moving.... You get used to it with a litle practice.

Ruthless4christ: Let me get a grasp of this. You are a missionary in rural Guatemala with ample knowledge and experience with automatic weapons? A missionary?, armed? I know Guatemala is no walk in the park, that you must occasionally deal with "rebels", the military (not your friendly or neighborly army) and private militias in the course of your "missions" but it's strange.

Happy for you. Good luck and stay safe.

ok maromero, im a little confused by your post... Is an "ample knowledge of automatic weapons" wrong or bad? If so why are you on the nfa thread?

Like I stated above, I bought Uzi. I fired three magazines from it and did not like the accuracy. I returned it! Instead of asking for refund I got an MP5 full stock.

Another thing I did not like about was that it was heavy and not smooth. It was the biggest turn off.

In future I will look for mini Uzi and check that out.

I do like the above comment on open bolt and keeping weapon cool point.

Does anyone have any experience with she aka sa.26 a .30 smg?

The VZ-26 (CZ's German wartime manufacturing code was "she") was one of the firearms that Uziel Gal looked at in designing the UZI, so if you're not really fond of the UZI, you may not like it either. It's basically an UZI with a tubular receiver, but with an odd sort of fire control system; instead of a fire selector, this SMG fires semi-auto or full-auto depending on how far back the trigger is pulled, meaning that trigger control is VERY important (sort of like the selective-fire AUG).

QUOTE]ok maromero, im a little confused by your post... Is an "ample knowledge of automatic weapons" wrong or bad? If so why are you on the nfa thread?[/QUOTE]

No. Not at all. It just struck me as weird to have a misionary acuainted with automatic guns.

"Missionary is a member of a religion who works to convert those who do not share the missionary's faith; someone who proselytizes. The word "mission" is derived from the Latin missioninimus (nom. missio), meaning "act of sending" or mitto, mittere, literally meaning "to send" or "to dispatch",[citation needed] the equivalent of the Greek-derived word "apostle" from apostolos, meaning "a delegate, specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ["apostle"] (with miraculous powers) Matthew 10:1-2, notice in these verses that when they were given miraculous powers they were then referred to as Apostles.: KJV - apostle, messenger, he that is sent. "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible"

In Christian cultures the term is most commonly used for Christian missions, but it applies equally to any proselytizing creed or ideology. Buddhism launched 'the first large-scale missionary effort in the history of the world's religions'."

Again. Very happy to hear it. Contrary to your confusion, it does not speak down off you. Honestly.

Ok maromero sorry if i came off as defensive. Your definition of a missionary was right on and i always refer people who ask me about guns, to Jesus's words at the last supper... "he among you who hath no sword let him sell his garment and buy one. They replied "here master behold we have two swords.". And he said " it is enough"

Having fired thousands of rounds thru both....
the MP5 is very friendly and easy to shoot...SD great for entry or just fun

for a SHTF situation...I would choose the UZI...the extractor is the only thing you will eventually break.

MP5 is more fussy about ammo and location of selector is not great for manipulation. MP5 parts getting very hard to come by.

Grip safety on the UZI is great.

JMHO with 35 yrs of shooting both.

MP-5 I feel would be more accurate, be easier to make quick magazine changes, and is more reliable, as long as it is well maintained.

Uzi is usually cheaper, more compact, and can have an equal to or greater magazine capacity than the MP-5...

Uzi Vs. Mp-5

Over 10 years as a Class 3 dealer I have had many of each. I have had MP-5's jam because of ammo imperfections. I have run thousands of rounds thru UZI's with no jams what so ever. Maybe I'd get a misfire because of a bad primer, but that was all. At 50 yds I could take your head off with a UZI, so accuracy was never a problem. In a fire fight, give me a UZI.

Regarding the Micro Uzi, its smaller, but less accurate...also, in all honesty, I'd take an Israeli-made gun before a US-made gun...Israeli manufacturers build the best weapon for their soldiers, while US manufacturers build the best weapon for their wallets...

Ridge Runner
Your response is what I expected and I am comfortable that I chose MP5 over UZI or Micro UZI for that matter. I might still get one in the future just for the collection purpose.

Back