Not open for further replies.
Ok the story so far...

one extra person

ar-15 (5.56)
Colt Series 80 (.45 acp)
Beretta Tomcat (.32 acp)
Naa mini (.22 lr)

Misc .22 rifle?

I'm planning on 100 rounds of 5.56 and 50 apiece on the others.

I was bringing the charcoal, what should I bring now?

Loiter times going to be until 2 or 3, got a date with a hot Escrow Officer tomm. night.

I'll be the guy with the little black Mazda truck and bumper stickers in the window.

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

I drive a Jawa Sand Crawler... Often mistaken for Jaba's Sail Barge. It looks just like an extended Chevy conversion van.
Used to be red and silver... now kinda Rust and Grey.

Bring a pair of .45s and just for fun - THE .22. Its a Remington 514 single shot that has been in the family before I was born. I learned shooting with it, and so has my oldest son, who will own it when he is a wee bit older.
After the shoot I am going to refinish the stock and reblue the steel. Maybe polish the trigger surfaces and the bolt...

Food wise:
I'll bring an ice chest full of drinks...
Caffinated, and non Caff for any STRICT Mormons. ;) (like my wife)
I'll bring a couple chickens for the grill too.

What else will we need?
Some more meat, some crunchy finger foods, maybe some more iced drinks, some more meat...

Oh - I forgot!
There is ZERO SHADE out there.
You will want sunscreen, maybe a wide brim hat, and if anybody has one of those giant patio umbrellas or a canopy we could set up.
Anyone have lawn chairs or camping stools?

And folding tables!
I got a couple of directors chairs.
(And George's wife can sew the costumes
and we can use my Dad's barn! And then we can make enough money to Save the Farm!!!!
Sorry Been watching too many movies.)
Coolers definately
I'm grabing a bag of buns, some hotdogs, ketchup, Chips, Dips, something non-alcholic to drink,
And my laptop and Digital camera. It'll let me take pictures and save it right to disk for people. We'll have to find a place we can post these pictures on for the rest of TFL.
Don't have a lead on Bino's though, anyone?

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

In addition to the many fine suggestions for baggage on this expedition, may I add one more? The area we will be in is dry. Verrrry dry. I am taking several 2-liter bottles chock full of water. Not to drink, that requires no imagination, but to help irrigate the wee plant life out there. "Bout a hundred or so yards out there.
Also bringing a sunshade and a couple of chairs.
I want to see your Rem 514, George. There's one of them in my past, too.
Looking forward to the event!

I got some binocs I won about a month ago... been meaning to test them out :) I should be able to come, I'm still trying to find a working vehicle, will post more later when I find out for sure.

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

And dont forget those movie CD's! - if Dave wont give them up... I'll hafta comeup there.

Folding tables... Yeah - I got a card table I can bring...

Dave forgot to bring them to work..... he wants you to e-mail or call him though.

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

Dave needs to come down and give that cowboy stuff a rest for a day. There are other things than THE WEST and things made after 1897 are not all that bad.

I've come to bring order to your chaos -that's how gatherings are created. A simple check list as all you need. Everybody knows what guns and ammo and cool new binoculars everyone is bringing. Here's what you don't know, or are just assuming.
Bring your own meat and utensils.
Bring your own water (and other beverages if caffeine isn't enough for you). George is "doing the dew" and gaterade too.
Bring a potluck to share with at least 10 people (which is the current count).
Bring what desert gear you have (i.e. sunscreen, chairs, shade, etc.)extra to share if you can for those that don't.
I have one card table to put the food on, but we will need one more.
Targets - since we don't have stands anymore and I think I threw away George's Mtn.Dew collection...
Special thanks to Skyder for bringing the grill and congrat's on finally joining TFL. It took me this gathering to register as well. Can I claim a spot under your sunshade? It looks like it will be another hot day.
Correia - please encourage your wife to come. I'd love to meet her!
See you tommorrow 9:00am!
And so it was done.

Alas, my wife has decided that she just isn't comfortable taking the baby out to the desert just yet. So the Logan contingent is down to just me and a friend. Mrs. Kodiak, my wife appreciated the offer, and she looks forward to when our daughter is old enough to take, or leave with somebody for a whole day. :)

The Logan Contingent will bring the chips. Also we will bring backup plates and forks and such for those who forget.

I never received any response to my e-mail to the other Utahns. So I'm guessing that we are it.

See you guys in Lehi!

Wish I could have made it, but I'm down with the gomboo (aka: a cold) and need my rest and the wife couldn't get off of work, so I'm playing 'Mr. Mom' today. Bummer. Sounds like a great time... Thanks for the invite, though.

We should plan another get together for 1Q 2001 - late winter / early spring - after the Holidays, hunts, etc.

After Action report will follow in a seperate thread.

Seronac: You missed out, man...

------------------
You might laugh in the face of FEAR... but unless your armed, its a nervous, unconvincing, little laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back