Utah Gathering: Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
In a non-military format...
September 16th 2000 at 0900 hours meet at the obj rally point. That rally point is located at the Wendy's just off the Lehi Exit. Gas up, get some drinks... This is where we shall decide if we are going out to the desert or to the indoor venue depending upon the weather. Either way - we meet there first.

If we go to the fair weather desert location:
Head westward through Lehi and continue westward... I believe this is hwy 73. You'll pass the turn heading to Camp William, you'll pass a bunch of new preplanned communities still being developed... You'll pass a little airstrip offering Sky Diving and Glider rides... You'll pass Cedar Fort... You'll pass Fairfield... You'll pass into tooele county and come to the Old Pony Express trail - Turn left. A few hundred yards you'll see a Yellow Diamond warning sign indicating a right curve... Turn Left there. The are is wide open.
BUT - for those who have Binocs... Bring the Binocs! If no one has binocs - we will post a rifleman with a scoped rifle on top of my van to glass the area down range and call for cease fires should off roaders venture into our impact area.

If we go to the Wet Weather, indoor location:
Get back onto the freeway heading south.
take the Lindon, 1600 North exit and turn right. Take the next right and you should pass under the freeway again. Turn left at the next light where you will enter a little industrial area. Turn right and left and right and left following the main road way through a maze... The AF Gun Range is the last building in that little maze and you wont see it until your at the very end of the road.

For those attending, SOUND OFF!
If the weather report is looking good - I'll need one person with a BBQ Grill... And One person with some Charcoal (Matchlight or a good brand that can light with little effort and not requiring a finger of God)
We can divide the goodies so we can all bring a little and have food to feed everyone. So sound off with what you can bring.

I have a little grill but it's not big enough for a bunch of people. How about I bring the charcoal. As for lighting it, I got a trick I learned in the Marines. :)

(now where did I put that flamethrower?)

Weapon Inv.
Colt Series 80 1911
Berreta Tomcat
NAA mini .22
Ar-15
Ruger "Old Army" Cap 'n Ball

------------------
Go Ugly Early.

AD HOMINEM; Helping Morons argue since 1549!!!

[This message has been edited by Meiji_man (edited September 11, 2000).]

Correia reporting in Sir!

I will be bringing at least one friend for sure. Possibly up too three or four. TFLer R&H has much homework, so he can't come.

Gun inventory thats coming between me and my friends:

L1a1 FAL
Bushmaster Dissipator
Springfield 1911
Ruger p91
Browning Buckmark (2)
Ishipore .308
Busmaster shorty
SKS
Beretta Border Marshal
Taurus .357

And possibly

M1a Loaded model
Feg Hi-power
Beretta .22
Glock 19

If we are going to throw some clays I can bring some shotguns also!

Sorry no BBQ grill.

George, did you e-mail this to the other Utahns or should I?

Larry - If you can do that for me - Great.

You seem to be the Secretary of Utah... :D (No - leaving all intern jokes aside! retching...)

One of our numbers have reported in unable to attend - and he had the target stands! Dang... We'll need some hammers, nails, 2X4s and some sheets of card board... :D

...and pinching his nose, the lurker leaped into the deep end.
Just registered after a couple of years or more lurking and learning.
And what might have caused such a change of course? All that fretting over getting a grill to cook on at the Saturday UT TFL shoot.
I plan to be there, complete with a firearm or two, maybe some ammo, and a gas grill. If I can rassle it into the truck. Probably be close to on time at the Wendy's rendezvous. (This is the lurker last seen at the Rangemasters shoot, by the way.)
Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

Ok, I won't bring Charcoal if we have a gas grill. (Bummer really wanted to use the flame thower)

So how many are we looking at?

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."
Robert Shea

I sent the e-mail to everybody on the list but no replys.

On the last thread the Bryces and Seronac said that they would come. No response yet. I'll e-mail them again tonight. Also I need to call my friends and get a final count.

The Logan Contingent will have between 3-7 people depending. I will find out latter today or tomorrow for sure.

George, Meiji, are you still bringing friends?

Skyder, good to see you.

Might bring one probably not

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

I'm trying really really hard..... I should know if I can go soon. If I am able to go, there will be at least one with me.... possibly three depending on thier respective circumstances. I'll let everyone know before saturday. :cool:

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

Caeca Invidia Es - If you show up I'll give you your Quake III CD.
Hmmm - I also have HEAVY METAL FAKK that I think you'll like... and one called "MARTIAN GOTHIC" that I think Tank Girl will like.

If you could do me a favor and snag my GLADIATOR and U571 disks from Dave... See if you can bring him too.

Dave has a cowboy shoot on saturday that he is going too, and Joe has his kids so he can't make it either.

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

Ok I got one (1) guest confirmed.

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

Two of my probable guests just cancelled. :( Which means I now don't know if my wife will want to go with out another mother, that she knows, being there to trade kids off with.

Still me and at least one lurker from Logan however.

Should we make like potluck things to bring? Buy meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back