Used USP sold as NEW by a dealer.. help!

Thanks to everyone that provided advice.

Apparently the grapevine (HK, other dealers ?) got to this guy. He called me and asked to buy the used USP back at full price.

Go figure.

Anyway, I got my refund and I picked up a brand new V3 USP (from a different dealer, of course) for a great price today. Exactly what I wanted for less than the used gun. :D

Now, if I can just find that full size .45.

;)

What a POS. I'm glad you got a refund, but that guy should not get off that easy. He needs to experience a titty-twister, atomic wedgie, bitch-slap, or somthing similar. I would complain/make reports to:

1. Your state Attorney General's Office;
2. The local media (optional);
3. The federal trade commission;
4. The Better Business Bureau; and
5. The local Chamber of Commerce.

CC each complaint to the dealer.

Joe, I'm glad to hear things worked out. And, with our free markets (relatively), this is often how it goes. Sounds like you handled it perfectly. And, that guy won't recover completely just by returning your money - sounds like his reputation has now taken a hit.

There were a lot of good ideas listed above. Still, for my money, the best course is to do business with those who have a good reputation. Bad businesses have a tendency to get what's coming to them, and usually pretty quickly in my experience. Unfortunately, sometimes you still get burned. I suppose that is why 'experience' is so highly valued. ;)

Back