Used Sig P365, What Parts To Replace?

Yeah any FFL can use USPS as opposed to the private shippers, which is usually cheaper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shoot it before you do anything.
You should be able to read SIG USA's warrantee on-line somewhere. Look for who it applies to. There's probably a line about the original owner as very few, if any, used firearms come with a warrantee.
"...condition of the trigger bar spring..." You can't tell anything about a spring by just looking at it. However, coil springs do not lose temper by usage. Neither do flat springs, but they can work harden at the bends.

I do not believe that SIG ever offered any type of "upgrade" for the P365. I have read posts from owners of P365 pistols with the original striker design who had to send their pistols in for repair of a problems unrelated to the striker, who asked SIG if they would install the latest iteration of striker, and were refused.

To my knowledge, if the striker broke or the trigger bar spring came off under warranty, they would fix it, otherwise no dice.

T. O'Heir said:
"...condition of the trigger bar spring..." You can't tell anything about a spring by just looking at it.
Oh but you can in this case! The issue wasn't springs breaking, but the ends were cut either too short or too long so that they would either pop out of the hole they're stuck in or sticking so far through they scratch the magazine in the magazine well. So in this case I just verified that the spring ends were cut to the proper length and it won't pop out or scratch the mags.

And oh, calling customer service late in the afternoon the day before a holiday... not a good idea lol. New striker came yesterday, very easy 5 minute installation. $40 is well worth the peace of mind!

I received a Sig P 238 from a friend in a trade, it was one of the first made and subject to a recall. The pistol is about 14 years old and I am the second owner I contacted Sig and was given a label to send it to them. As the night sights were worn out I asked they be replaced and billed for the cost. When the pistol was returned a scant ten days later instead of the worn pistol I sent I received ostensibly an updated new pistol with sparkling night sights and finish. The old parts had not been refinished but were new including the frame which had the same serial number, however the scratch and dent where it had been dropped were not there ( metal was missing from the original frame) which leads me to accept it as new. There was no charge from Sig, I am sold on their service.

Back