Used or New. . . Whats the BEST deal you've gotten on a Revolver lately?

That model 36 is a gorgeous pistol, well worth every penny you paid. I would carry that every day with pride. Now I have something new to look for.

My best ever deal was an Armscor M206 revolver that I snagged for $25 because there was some mechanical issue with it. (Don't remember what the problems was -- sorry.) I brought it home, took it apart, did some tinkering, deburring, stoning, and such, and reassembled it. It worked fine. It was basically brand new when I bought it -- apparently the owner just gave up on it.

His loss -- my gain.

Not a great deal but not too bad. A Ruger Single Six made in 76 for 250.00. They had Ruger Wranglers for 160.00 but I didn't like the look of the finish.

wtPF2J9l.jpg

My best deal is the S&W model 19-2 that my best friend gave me this week for my birthday. The pistol is a beauty but cannot match the enjoyment of true friendship for so many years.
GaryED50, Your 3” Smith is a beauty, many years ago I ordered 3” mod. 60 square butt revolvers for back up or plainclothes officers at the PD, I had a replica of our badge engraved on the side plate of each. The 3” is a fun and accurate revolver and a darn good CC piece. I cannot get this forum to copy my photos or I would post an image of the 60.

Last edited:
My best deal is the S&W model 19-2 that my best friend gave me this week for my birthday. The pistol is a beauty but cannot match the enjoyment of true friendship for so many years.
GaryED50, Your 3” Smith is a beauty, many years ago I ordered 3” mod. 60 square butt revolvers for back up or plainclothes officers at the PD, I had a replica of our badge engraved on the side plate of each. The 3” is a fun and accurate revolver and a darn good CC piece. I cannot get this forum to copy my photos or I would post an image of the 60.
Thanks Its a great revolver action still smooth as glass. Just a little holster wear from the Officer that had it before me.

Not a crazy deal, but Ruger lists the 3 inch GP100 at $799. I know those MSRPs are overblown, but I still feel like I got a great deal at my LGS for $519 brand new and out the door a while back. I've never posted a picture on here, so this is kind of an experiment:

file:///C:/Users/robbiepetry/AppData/Local/Temp/20200208_180135%20(1).jpg

I'll add this one too. I got it a couple of weeks ago. A 1994, Taurus Model 66, six shot, 357, with a 4" barrel, adjustable sights, and factory wood grips. I've always been fond of Taurus revolvers from this time period. The blue is relatively nice, but does show some wear in places. Locks up tight, no endshake. Trigger pull is surprisingly good, and it has a nice smooth faced "combat trigger." Basically it's a lookalike for a Smith and Wesson Model 19, but the internals are different.

enhance

enhance

Oh. I paid $309.00 for it.

NIB, unfired, 1964 Astra Cadix 9 shot .22. I was the only bidder on GB and got it for next to nothing. It is a beautiful little gun, equal to a S&W in every sense.

oFXfI2pm.jpg

I'll add this one too. I got it a couple of weeks ago. A 1994, Taurus Model 66, six shot, 357, with a 4" barrel, adjustable sights, and factory wood grips. I've always been fond of Taurus revolvers from this time period. The blue is relatively nice, but does show some wear in places. Locks up tight, no endshake. Trigger pull is surprisingly good, and it has a nice smooth faced "combat trigger." Basically it's a lookalike for a Smith and Wesson Model 19, but the internals are different.

enhance

enhance

Oh. I paid $309.00 for it.
My first modern cartridge gun was a Taurus 66. Great gun wish I still had it

Gary

My best deal (and month for new guns ever) was last month. Very good friend of mine is aging and doesn't shoot anything anymore. His collection includes some very real and authentic old west lever guns, SAA, and a few other very high dollar safe queens.

But he enjoys giving some other stuff away. Last month, in revolvers, he gave me a NIB NAA The Earl, NIB 6" GP100 purchased years ago, and a NIB brass framed Traditions Navy black powder.

I paid $750 for a used Super Redhawk with a Simmons on it with 3 shoulder rigs, ammo, 2 speed loaders. $700 for a very clean 686-2 with Pachmayrs.

January was a freakin' AWESOME month for me!

New Ruger Bearcat last year for 399.99. A bit less than they are listed at most everywhere else.

Attachments

• C98D46C3-F33F-4FCA-B92C-4BF56174F7C9.jpeg
    C98D46C3-F33F-4FCA-B92C-4BF56174F7C9.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 14
Hmmm. While far from cheap, the $3,300 (including shipping and insurance) I recently paid for this ANIB .357 Mag. Ratzeburg-made Korth Sport with no import marks counts as a pretty outstanding deal in my book.

Seller pics with oil smears below:

DSC06042-edited.jpg

DSC06051.jpg

Back