Use of FrogLube question

Somewhere on TFL someone did a really, really thorough study of rust prevention using many different lubes. That was a year ago or maybe 18 months? I don't have a link. Anyhow, Frog Lube did very well when compared to many other cleaners/lubes.

That said, the general skinny since has been that so long as you don't use FL for a part with light weight that has to move in a tight space (think striker channels), then FL is fine for lube/rust prevention. I use it to clean bores, frames, bolt carriers and pistol slides.

There are other good suggestions here as well.

mmartin, best to repost in the Law and Civil Rights forum. This forum is not the place for that sort of question.

If you bought new but did not keep the receipt, you might check with the dealer. If you bought from an individual, good luck. If a gift or inheritance, it's a family matter.

I started using frog lube after several corrosion resistant tests consistently put it in the top 1-3 of protectants. It smells pleasant, its mild, and the past sticks where you want it and soon liquefies but still stays put better then oil. Its great stuff. I put it on rails/working surfaces and locking lugs. I dont use it on the outside of my guns, I still use a silicone cloth for that.

Frog Lube is coconut oil more or less. I tend to stay away from it. I use CLP and Hornady one shot for general oil/lube.

Back