USAF Baby Browning

Bill DeShivs Respectfully, Tom- none of those references are very convincing. Anyone can write a Wikipedia article.
2 of them were written by someone who knows nothing about the Browning .25.
None of them give any references to the USAF use, except mentioning it.
I still don't think they were ever USAF issue.
Respectfully, Bill- You have so completely missed the point of my post that I fear for you and the safety of others of you were handed a Baby Browning.

Maybe, you need to reread what I wrote.;)

I'll edit that post to make the relevant portion adult size.:D

I can't believe AF would have issued a BB 25acp for anything. Not to badmouth the quality of a Browning but any 25acp would only be good to stick in your own
ear to avoid being taken alive. When I was in RVN I saw pilots carrying 38 & 45s
Govt issue. I also saw them with personal weapons from S&W 357s, Hi-Powers
even Ruger Std auto 22s. Never was around fighter pilots I don't know what they
carried. I have a Navy pilots survival vest that has sewn in holster. I have herd
they were made up to pilots request by Riggers who had the equippment to sew
parachutes and such. I use it for a fishing vest. I carried a S&W 422 in it while
wade fishing. I think it was made for a 38 revolver.

I can't believe AF would have issued a BB 25acp for anything. Not to badmouth the quality of a Browning but any 25acp would only be good to stick in your own
ear to avoid being taken alive. When I was in RVN I saw pilots carrying 38 & 45s
Govt issue. I also saw them with personal weapons from S&W 357s, Hi-Powers
even Ruger Std auto 22s. Never was around fighter pilots I don't know what they
carried. I have a Navy pilots survival vest that has sewn in holster. I have herd
they were made up to pilots request by Riggers who had the equippment to sew
parachutes and such. I use it for a fishing vest. I carried a S&W 422 in it while
wade fishing. I think it was made for a 38 revolver.

I'll have to look to dig mine out but that pouch right on the front is a holster.

I carried a little .38 snub nose in my Gsuit pocket. Many guys carried full size SA.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 16
Didn’t the Air Force briefly issue a very light weight “aircrew” Model 10 -type revolver that had an aluminum cylinder in addition to an aluminum frame? Obviously it was not intended for long term use.

Back