Update & THANKS!!!

Mike in VA

First things first. Thank you all for all you prayers, kind thoughts and good wishes, you had a major impact with a great outcome -
Marci underwent 8+ hours of surgery, but the Dr. got virtually all of the tumor with little, if any complications. There was an artery running thru it (though not feeding it), and he had to peel it off the brainstem (don't try that at home, kids), but in the end, he did a fine job, and as of 7 PM she was speaking (though pretty stoned), recognized everyone, knew who she was & where she was, and was fiesty and showing a sense of humor. Had a fairly strong grip in both hands, can wiggle feet, etc. Could be home in 5 -10 days!!

The ordeal aside, this was a wonderful experience for us at the human level. The support we received had a remarkable and tangible confidence-inspiring and calming effect. I won't go into the details, but we had people praying from Oz to Oslo by way of Casablanca, including virtually every demonination I can think of, so how else could it have turned out (then again, why leave anything to chance?). I'm still buzzed by it all.

I'll quit rambling and call it a night, but I wanted to pass along the good news and extend a heartfelt thanks to all of you for your support with my promise that I will be there for you if you ever need me.
Very best regards, M2

Extremely cool!!
Let her get some rest for a few days.
And for you, I prescribe a couple bottles of a good red ale and a bag o Chips Ahoy...then hit the rack :)

Good news!

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

This is news of the finest kind! When a whole potload of good folks get the ear of the Big Guy, He makes the hand of the surgeon just a little steadier and a good outcome is assured.

ALLLLLRIGHT!!!! that's great news, and i'm so happy to hear it. like it was said above, now the time for a prayer of thanks and a speedy recovery. Damn, that made my day! :D :D

------------------
!!!!!!

Back