• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Up to your old tricks, Rich?

Spark-
I thought I'd changed this back yesterday. However, my Netscape still doesn't show the replies at the bottom like it used to. Any suggestions?
Rich

Like I said above, it's because of inline frames.

Lookey here, folks, here's the deal:

The guy who wrote the software changed it for his own reasons, I can only hypothesize why. For better or for worse, for Netscape users, it's gone, because of the inline frames issue. Netscape can't do them, so the thread won't download with the reply window for NN users.

IE users, you can see the thread in the reply window just fine.

Personally, I open another window when I am going to post a reply because I can switch back and forth between the screens and not loose my place, which happens a lot when I scroll.

Everyone try this now: Right click on the Post reply icon. Select Open in New window. Reply in that. Want to switch back to this screen? Hit Alt+Tab and you can switch back almost instantly! Believe me, this is one Win95 keyboard shortcut I use alllllllll the time, more than Copy and Paste.

Using the Alt+Tab method, and opening threads in other windows, I can read every thread I want, without forgeting which folder was red and which one wasn't. Try it, it's easy.

Anyhow, the simple fact is that this method saves bandwidth, Almost 1/3rd of it. TFL doesn't have Advertising, and bandwidth isn't cheap. It's a small price to pay, especially when you know how to open the reply window seperately.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Whenever I have a post of a few sentences or more, I compose it in my favorite word processor (Word) and then cut it from there and paste it into the TFL form text box. That way, I avoid those embarrasing spelling errors. To refer to what I'm replying to, I just Alt-Tab back and forth between Word and the browser window with the TFL message.

Guys-
When I agreed to switch back to the old format, I didn't realize that it was no longer an option in the new software release. I spent a bit of today trying to hack a fix...no joy.....Spark to the rescue (again).

Spark-
Thanks a million for the fix. I didn't know this existed.
To All: Follow Sparks suggestion. When necessary, right click on the "Post Reply" icon. This will save the original window and open the Reply in a new window. You can easily toggle back and forth.

Now you can have it it your way and we can save bandwidth at the same time. Win/Win.
Rich

No big deal, it's a Win9x shortcut that many people don't know about. It just comes from messing with all the tools for a while....

Anyhow, I find it easier to do this for everything because I like having 50 windows open so I know what I want to read.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Great "new window" tips, thanks guys.

re: Mutiple Pages. I was indifferent, but now I'm glad they're gone. I needed to find a specific thread, and a search didn't give me what I wanted, so I loaded all the threads in that forum for the last year. It took about 45 seconds to load the page, but I was able to scan through every title without waiting for new pages to load.

I like it. :)

-boing

Back