Unicorn hunting in California

How tied are you to the theory of it being striker fired?? Beretta makes the PX4 series, while hammer fired, its got a meaty release lever. Ergonomics are awesome, polymer frame, and probably not CA legal. So already a superior piece of machinery just for that last point alone.

While I do fall into the keep the gun stock camp I don’t believe you are going to run afoul of even the most anti gun DA in a good shoot with a factory Glock extended slide stop installed.

Also keep in mind the trend for quite some time is to keep the guns as thin and with minimal controls for quite some time. Much of this is for carry reasons and I personally don’t think you should knock a good gun out of the running for this only as there are numerous ways to use the smaller stop or simply mitigate it with using the slide.

All that said if that is your deciding factor I get it. We all have features and manuals of arms that are specific to us. I personally dig paddle mag releases. Not that I can’t run a standard one but I prefer paddles. Truth be told I prefer more robust controls/slide stops myself.

At any rate if you are looking P2000 here are a couple write ups I did of mine if it helps.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590021&highlight=why+chose+my

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609096&highlight=p2000

As I responded on those threads, I’ve owned P2000s and really like them. However, are they still in current production? A few months ago I tried to find one and all I found was new old stock. In years of owning P2000s, for many years the rumor was HK was going to discontinue the model, but I wonder if they actually did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it is and Cali even still gets some nice “trims” unique to them. I mentioned the USPc as well as that is definitely still in production and Cali legal.

I must have glossed over the PX4, again hammer fired like was said, but an excellent polymer gun.

I still think that if you want a poly striker get a Gen 3 Glock. The slide release is either easily trained around or replaced with a factory part. This gives you EXACTLY what you want with the small exception that you will need to install or have installed a factory part. You will probably need to install night sights anyway.

But again if you want a specific type of slide release you have pretty much the following options in Cali.

KAHR CW,PM,P series. Small single stack carry guns. Decent guns but can have a bit of a hit and miss rep.

HK P2000

HK USPc

Beretta PX4

Those three are all polymer but hammer fired. They are excellent guns, however.

Now I am usually really FAR FAR from “this guy” but in your case I really think you should “Get a Glock”. :(. It’s super easy to make it 100% factory parts including the sights and slide release and you get 100% or at least 98% of what you want.

The other guns above, while fantastic, don’t give you the striker system you are looking for and that’s a pretty major factor IMO. Now, I myself, while perfectly fine with a striker prefer DA/SA and can attest to those guns quality but I just don’t think they will give you what YOU want.

My 2 cents.

Back