Under what condition would you give up a gun?

Patton??

wow.. i'm incredibly flattered... the funny thing is i look a lot more like Che Guevarra.

Dr.Rob

Artist
Gun owner
citizen

I'm with Coinneach. When it gets to the point that they are confiscating weapons, well, I won't be home.

------------------
Byron Quick

I will gladly give up virtually any of my guns provided it replaced with a better one!

For instance, If I had a(n):

Beat up 1911A1 for a Les Baer 1911; a HK91 for a G3 or HK21; an AR15 for a M16; a S&W M10 for S&W M10 capable of +p; a Flintlock rifle (circa 1995) for Daniel Boone's gun; American made PPK for German made PPK, and; even a Daisy Red Ryder for any Feinwerkebau.

See? It's really quite easy to give up your guns. So long as you get something better in exchange, it only makes sense. Are you listening Bill?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Gary, kinda like going form 280z to Ferrari.

As long as you have not seen vulnerable formations in opponents, you hide your own form, preparing yourself in such a way as to be invincible, in order to preserve yourself. When opponents have vulnerable formations, then it is time to go out to attack them.

Du Mu, From ART OF WAR.

[This message has been edited by oberkommando (edited December 17, 1999).]

In response to your scenario, I would disappear with my guns. I would then contact a number of surgeons, nurses, and paramedics...gunowners all and all determined NEVER to give them up. Then we'd get ready to treat our compatriots wounded by the back shooting, bushwacking, baby burning jackbooted government thugs.

------------------
Byron Quick

Fine. My response, given that it had not been done (or reported) previously, would be to invite the press to my arrest, after explaining my law-abiding history, and make the JBTs take me by force for the cameras. Then go to court. If a million did that, again, the whole system would be so jammed up that further incursions would come to a halt. No place to put all the law abiding citizens, and criminals running loose in the street while cops chase good guys. The honchos would fall real quick, and it wouldn't be us who brought them down but all the sheeple who were no being inconvenienced.

When would I give up mine?

If my brother needed it.

If I were seriously cornered and outgunned by a SWAT and/or military unit bent on disarming me. I ain't stupid..."This is not the stuff martyrs are made..."

jth

------------------
"Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."
(The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.)
- Tacitus

Labgrade:

To answer the second part of your question....

My death will serve as a legacy to my grandchildren that Papa died a free man.

It's all that matters, my friend.

Dago

I'll gladly give up a gun... to Coinneach, or Paul Revere. Of course, they'll almost certainly have their own. If I don't trust you to cover my 6, then I won't surrender any guns to you.
I don't mean to snub the rest of you. It's just that some positions are closer to mine than others.

------------------
TB., NC
rosie.acmecity.com/bebe/6/index.html

To anyone in need of one. Recently I have begun to purchase give-away rifles and ammo. Stuff someone could use if the time and situation came that they needed to arm themselves to protect freedom. These mostly old WWII relics are for them to fire one shot and collect a gun from someone who is oppressing them.

As to will I surrender my weapons, well you folks have read the belt buckles and bumper stickers about "cold dead fingers."

------------------
They teach conformity, it equals servitude, and that leads to genocide based not on race but resistance,

Steve

Tim Burke:

Hey buddy, thanks! I promise to clean it, and oil it, and take care of it as though it were my own. And when the time comes, I will see that it is handed over to the proper soccer mom or dad, with specific loading/aiming/firing instructions, because you know they will wake up sooner or later and join in freedom's defense. That's right, and so will all those other apathetic joe's and jane's that are sitting on the perverbial fence, once they realize what they have to lose.

We just need to have enough arms to go around, once they realize they NEED them. Other TFL'ers who'd like to contribute to Paul Revere's Gun Distribution Network, can contact me at 1-800-SAV-URASS.

Back