Umm Does anyone else do this?

I don't know if I do this or not. I might but I'm not sure. It seems perfectly normal to me so I must. I mean if you do it and don't remember then it must be perfectly normal.

Last edited:
Nope, don't do that. Just mutter something about putting my phaser on stun before I zap me some klingons . . . and doing that 'pew, pew, pew,' thing is dangerous. I did that one time and it cost me a $1,000 emergency room visit. My girlfriend had walked into the room right when I did that, and fell to the floor laughing and managed to sprain her elbow.

I do dry fire training but I don't make the noises (well I don't think I do lol). My wife says "are you getting them honey?", meaning the bad guys.

My wife says "are you getting them honey?", meaning the bad guys.

HAHA, my girlfriend used to also mock me when I would dry fire my guns. As much as I tried to explain it's good practice she wouldn't buy it. She also couldn't understand why I would clean a brand new gun, not matter how much I tried to explain why.

Doesn't everyone do this?

No one I know does. But it's harmless and if it makes you happy go for it. Yet, let me suggest that next cleaning session ya make sure your wife is not in the room with her camcorder:eek::eek:

Marty mentioned a door knob. I was home alone one evening, had oiled the
.45, and dry fired at a few fixtures, then loaded up and safed the weapon and started to put it up. My eagle eye fell on the kitchen door knob, brain fell out of gear, came up to a two handed grip, flipped the safety, and drilled the sucker dead center. Took a while to live that down. GW

Marty mentioned a door knob. I was home alone one evening, had oiled the
.45, and dry fired at a few fixtures, then loaded up and safed the weapon and started to put it up. My eagle eye fell on the kitchen door knob, brain fell out of gear, came up to a two handed grip, flipped the safety, and drilled the sucker dead center. Took a while to live that down. GW
I have this fear that some night during dry fire practice my TV dies. :eek:

Goatwhiskers said:
I was home alone one evening, had oiled the
Goatwhiskers, thanks for this story. As much as I like to learn from my own mistakes, I much prefer to learn from the mistakes of others.

This is a perfect example of why it's always a good idea to dry-fire with a safe backstop of some kind. My dry-fire backstops have ranged from the inside of a safe, to a stack of books, to my current concrete garage wall with a hillside of dirt on the other side.

Only mentally. But, one particularly cold, wintery, Alaskan night I did sit on my motorcycle in the garage and went "vroom, vroom, vroom". Just told the wife when I got back upstairs that she must have been dozing/dreaming when she asked me what that noise was.

Clap-Bang

Umm Does anyone else do this?
When I first read this initial post. My answer was NO and thought it kind of silly. However;

During our Hunter Safety class, I do a demo on Hang-Fire and Mis-Fire of M/L's. I clap my hands to represent the percussion cap and then say, BANG for the main charge. I do this in progressive steps to demonstrate the delays and failures. So far I have not been laughed at but there is always tomorrow. .... :cool:

Be Safe !!!

Never!

I do strap on the holster and magazine pouches, don the vest or concealing garment, get out the timer and run drills - draw, reload, malfunction, etc - while assuming my serious squint and frown.

So, they gathered us in a large room and asked which of us made kiddie noises with our pistols after we cleaned them. All but 5 of us raised our hands. The guy in front said that we were all pathetic, and the 5 were liars.

wait. that wasn't about pistols and noises...:eek:

Back