Ultimate carry gun?

8. Warranty? What's a warranty going to do when you really need to use it?

This may be a function of the different ways people use firearms, but for me a warranty does matter. The vast majority of the time I am shooting my handgun I am not shooting at someone else. In fact, I have fired over 100,000 rounds and never shot at a person (I hope it stays that way). The warranty is less for if the gun breaks when I am shooting it in self defense, and more for if it breaks when I’m training with that firearm. Knowing that I can get that firearm fixed/replaced if need be so that I can be back up shooting is important to me. Over the years I have had to send some firearms back to manufacturers for warranty issues.

Hahaha. Honest to pete, as I read that, I was thinking of my 4 pieces of garbage self destructing DB9s as the company made 4 generational changes now...and then you said DB9.

haha. I would put money on 500rnds and done for any single picked up DB9 at greater than 50/50. When Taurus drops your partnership after laying off most the staff prior...time to run.

I believe this was my gen1 order, but can't remember. Might have been the FDE that had the trigger bar break.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589033&page=2

Last edited:
My Ultimate Carry Gun ... not concealed , just carry ...
1911 45 acp stainless steel AMT Hardballer w/ adjustable sights .
Makes me feel safe to have it on me !
Gary

CZ P-10 S
9mm
3.5 inch barrel
12+1
Not a micro-9
Well built ,dependable
Affordable
Im not a trigger snob .. but has a wonderful trigger

I prefer my SIG P365 and my P365XL; as small as a Kahr with 2X the capacity and fits smaller hands better than a Glock double stack like the 26

I'll go with Average Joe's choice as well...for concealed carry at least...very hard to beat Sig's game changer P365. I shoot it well, it fits my hands, has good capacity and, to date with >1800 rounds down range, I can't remember even a single malfunction.

Pic below of the 2nd ten shot group I fired with American Eagle 124 gr FMJ's. It's fed predominantly, lead alloy SWC's by Missouri Bullet company and my own cast Lyman 356402, with about 1/2 of the total using Montana Gold's 124 gr JHP. It's truly an outstanding choice for me...and would be my #1 recommendation for CC use.

That said, for a one and only auto, for all purposes, but a bit more difficult to conceal, it would be Sig's 1911 RCS in .45 ACP: big bore = big hole, superbly accurate with all the features of a real world/street auto. Match trigger and bbl, checkered fore and aft grip, usable but not outlandish control levers, night sights and a rounded (melted) stainless steel and alloy exterior. Pic below.

And lastly, for one handgun, for all purposes, for ever and ever, amen, : a S&W Model 66 or 19: Power to spare, bbl. length for top notch accuracy, an amazing variety of bullet weights and velocities, medium weight on the gun belt but enough to mitigate a .357's recoil...it'll do for any purpose suitable for a handgun. YMMv, but this one'll do for me. Pic below, 2nd and 3rd revolvers from the top...all .357s.

Best regards, Rod

Last edited:
While I like my 66-2, if it was only one and done, it would be the 686, or maybe the 5" version from the 3-5-7 series. I also love my 365 and 365 XL for CC; but then there is a 4.25" 1911 in 45ACP.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I used to carry a Pm9 back in the early 00s but I settled on the J-frame .38 around 15-20 years ago. Just too convenient and safe.

Back