Uberti Revolvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, firearm manufacturers have been putting safety devices on their firearms for a long, long time. Did you know that the original Winchester Model 1873 incorporated a trigger interlock to prevent the rifle from being accidentally discharged before it was fully in battery?

This is a photo of the mechanism of a Model 1873 Winchester made in 1887. The front arrow points to a hammer block which prevents the trigger from being pulled if the lever has not yet been closed completely. The rear arrow points to the rear of the interlock.

Hi Driftwood. Yes I know about the lever blocks on the Winchester rifles. Trying to make a single action Colt style revolver more safe has been an ongoing project for a long time. I think Ruger has came up with the best option so far. The idea of just loading 5 rounds doesn't bother me at all. I would prefer the lighter more reliable trigger and 5 rounds to the gimmick stuff Uberti is installing. But I also understand if there is an accident their rears are on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back