Uberti Quality?

The Trapdoor full-length rifle I had here briefly from Uberti a while back was entirely made for them by Pedersoli.
Denis

I knew Uberti made some receivers for Pedersoli and I have read that Uberti used some Pedersoli barrels but that's the first I've heard of entire guns being made

Uberti wasn't set up for Trapdoors, so they bought re-branded rifles from Pedersoli.

I don't know how long that went on.
Denis

News to me.
When I borrowed that "Uberti" from the Beretta combine I was told it was made for them by Pedersoli.

I don't know about any difference in strength.
Denis

Pietta may not be the best when it comes to historical accuracy but they do work and they do a good job at it too. If I were to, theoretically, fall off a tall place in some postapocalyptical hell, then roll around in a sandlot, followed by a swim in dirty water, and have multiple assailants running after me and me only armed with a Pietta revolver, I expect the Pietta to still shoot when I pull it out.

Now I don't have that much experience with Ubertis so I can't give an academic review. I had handled one Uberti 1858 where the cylinder was so tight in the frame that cocking the thing almost required a baling machine. Then, I have also handled an Uberti Leech & Rigdon revolver and it was so smooth that I am certain a Yank cavalryman would ditch his 1860 for one if he could lay his hands on one. I plan on getting an Uberti 1866 revolving carbine and I certainly hope that the spectacular reviews I have read on it are well deserved.

Back