TX22 going to the range

>>but YouTube makes it look effortless!<<

And believe me, it is! I was skeptical at first, having had no success with the original McFadden loader, but this one is a different story. I can't imagine NOT having one at this point in time. Hope yours works out as well!

Battlehawk Armory Bulk 22 ammo

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this! It has worked in this gun and my S&W 17 loves it!

Magloader inbound.

The rebate mags have shipped. It is all coming together.

Originally, the trigger pull was not consistent. Now it takes 3.5 lbs to get to the wall and about 4 lb 14.6oz to fire. It is still a bit rough, but not terrible. It would be much better if take up was closer to 2 lbs and the break a bit cleaner.

Last edited:
I should have shared this link to the original purchase.

LINK

I like to share this so you can see that this retailer has delivered somebody something. Nowadays, there are websites where you pay, but really they had nothing to sell.

I received the gun. The price was fair. The shipping seemed expensive, but I could not of shipped it insured for less. To me, that is fair, even if $29.99 is more than others list shipping. The price was like $250…something when I bought it, which was best available. I paid on 6/15, shipped on 6/19, received on 6/21. It was shipped and received within 5 business days despite their warning it could be much longer. That was all great to me.

Taurus was good with their rebate. I submitted on 6/21, ordered on 6/22, shipped on 6/26, and received on 6/28. I think that was pretty quick for a retailer shipping a rebate item. Mags look good enough to me.

Overall, good experience.

Another 100….no issues. Shooting POA!
IMG-0952.jpg

Glad you're having a good experience. I've really enjoyed mine. I put a drop of blue loctite on the barrel cap. Worked fine.

Another 100 with zero malfunctions! I think we are good to go. I’m done posting about reliability…..unless I do a burn down range session, which I might do to see when it becomes unreliable. I’m thinking bring 1000 rds to the range and shoot steel plates as fast as I can with a multitude of drills until it stops running due to filth level. Then try oil and mechanical manipulation to get it running again!!

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation on the McFadden Machine loader. Wow! That is fast and easy. It looks breakable, but it has not. I wish they had better materials, but maybe the material is fine and the die is just not as well finished as the big brands. I didn’t do the Rem Oil trick, but that is because I don’t do oil in any chamber. That said, 22’s are so lubed that I’m not sure that oil would effect pressures. The McFadden loader is great!

>>thanks for the recommendation on the McFadden Machine loader<<

Glad the loader is working out for you! With these hi-cap mags it's a necessity. In fact, I bought a second one to keep in my truck for range use. And yes, they do seem a bit flimsy, but I have yet to see one break. And if it does, I'll simply buy another one. LOL

Well damn! We are getting close to 1000 rounds on this thing, maybe more. My wife started shooting it. After about 200 rounds my wife started having ftfeed issues and issues.

Failures:
1) round in chamber, but extractor on round, so slide cannot close.
2) round fed in chamber about 25%, but slide closed on case denting it.
3) double feed ….both live rounds

Me: zero issues still

Seems like dirty gun plus wife equals problems…..hmm

I guess it is better than a dirty wife with a working gun!!! :p:p

Our TX22 does the same thing for one of my daughters. Works flawlessly for everyone else, but just doesn’t go for that one girl. I can’t tell what she’s doing different. At first I was telling her not to limp wrist it and she insists she’s not. Weird thing. I’ve seen a 1911 that didn’t work for certain people too, never figured that out either.

Well damn! We are getting close to 1000 rounds on this thing, maybe more. My wife started shooting it. After about 200 rounds my wife started having ftfeed issues and issues.

Failures:
1) round in chamber, but extractor on round, so slide cannot close.
2) round fed in chamber about 25%, but slide closed on case denting it.
3) double feed ….both live rounds

Me: zero issues still

Seems like dirty gun plus wife equals problems…..hmm

I guess it is better than a dirty wife with a working gun!!! :p:p
I don't meticulously clean 22lr pistols, instead I just hose them out with brake cleaner and then lube them with whatever spray oil I have available. Blowback 22lr is dirty. One caveat is to make sure the extractor isn't gunked up.

You might want to look into getting another recoil spring to try. The original may be a little weak.

When you're just dropping bullets into the magazine, it's simple to rimlock, so I prefer to make sure I don't. You don't have a terrible offhand shooting style.

Back