Two handguns

Full-size: Sig P220 .45 in two-tone
Compact: Glock 23 .40

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

Have the two i'm going to stay with: Both full sized, Para P-14 "limited" 45acp, Glock model 20 in 10mm. Just bought the Glock and still getting used to it's features. Para; quality weapon from the get - go.

Only two guns? Oh, the Horror!!!

Well, I would probably (after much tearing of hair and shedding of tears) stick with my P99 for everyday carry, and a S&W Mountain Gun in .44 mag for hiking/hunting/wandering/etc.

But I wouldn't be happy about it.

;-)LawDog

Keeping to the parameters of the question...

SIG 226 in 9mm - Full size

SIG 225 in 9mm - Compact

Some people will probably wonder why i choose the 225 over the 228. I understand the 228 can accomodate the 226 mags for versatility, but my feeling about compacts is exactly that...they should be truly compact...which means they should be easily concealed. The 225 disappears on me like a dream, and still handles in like fashion to the 226.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Well, my first choice would be a matched pair of H&K P7M8's, but since you stipulate a mismatched set, I did used to carry a Sig 220 as primary and a 225 as backup and I was very comfortable with that setup. A pair of Glocks would also work, or a 45 and a compact, most manufacturers can supply such a set.

I do go through phases though, for a while I carried a pair of Glock 17's with +2 baseplates, 40 rounds of 9mm+P+ without reloading! That was a little much to carry, so I went on to the Sig set and never looked back. For a short while I lugged a 4" S&W 686 and a Bodyguard as backup, that setup also worked well, but was real heavy.

I do think the manual of arms needs to be similar between the two pieces, or at least the backup needs to be a double action of some sort, preferably without a manual safety.

My reasoning here is that by the time you get to the backup, one of the following has happened:1. You ran the primary dry and you're in big trouble. 2. Your primary jammed and you're in big trouble. 3. You lost your primary and you're in big trouble. 4. You need a piece to lend to someone because they are unarmed and you're both in big trouble. You can see where this is going.

In any of these instances, the backup piece needs to be simple to operate and reliable, which, IMHO, is also a good criteria for a primary piece. Just my $.02, for what it's worth. Hope this helps.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

The answer is simple. The 9mm WaltherP99/SW99 for the main carry weapon, and the Walther P88 compact as the back up. The reasoning for this is as follows: 1) The two pistols are the same caliber. 2) The magazines are interchangable. 3) Walther quality, and experience

Fullsize: Remington 870 in 12 guage.

Compact: EAA Witness in 10mm.

What are you all looking at me like that for? I wear big sweaters . . . .

:)

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

H&K USP 45, and a Glock 27 with +1 grip extensions. The H&K is a great gun, with a excellent track record. And the Glock 27 becuase it packs a bigger punch than the 26 but still is very compact and concealable!!

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first

Colt Delta Elite 10mm, and SIG P228 in 9mm. As the fella from England said on the NRA infommercial, I'd lose the rest on the next "duck hunt".......2 guns...silly man.......Dan in GA

Back