Two handguns

zentao

If you could have only two handguns, one full size and one compact - what combination you would choose? For example, SIG220 .45 ACP/HK USP compact 9; SIG 226 9 mm/S&W .38SPL snubbie etc?

Zentao,
I already have a Sig P220 (absolutely love it)! I would have it as my large handgun and a Hk USP 9compact as my compact.

Hmmm... If I could only have two guns - one main and one back-up, I would definately try to pick two guns with similar manual of arms, or have the back-up with a simpler system... That way your training will, in general, work with both guns and you will be more instinctive with both guns. It would also be advantageous (with autos) if the magazines are interchangeable...

I would probably go with a 2 Glock system (depending on what caliber), say a G22 w/ a G27 or G23 (.40 S&W) or a G17 w/ a G26 or G19 (9mm) or a G21 w/ a G30 (.45 Auto)... I would also think about a HK USP full-size and compact combo, although the magazines are not interchangeable.

Because its the classic "chicago combo":

a colt 45 auto and a colt 38 detective special. (i'd upgrade to the magnum carry in 357)

because a friend suggested it:

Twin s&w 649 bodyguards in 357

because I need prefessional help:

two Colt New Service army revolvers in 45 acp. Ok so you need a heavy coat to conceal those monsters but hey, its winter right?? (And what a sight that would be to pull both... kinda Indiana jones meets john woo....)

Because if One is good two is better yes?? Twin Glock 17's (if you can't hit anything with 34 rounds the while 45/9mm debate is pointless)

Because james west was a hero of mine:

41 cal Colt Thunderer and 41 cal Remmington derringer (preferably disasembled in boot heels)

Because Laura Croft Rocks: Twin Hard Chromed 9mm Hi-Powers with ambedextrous safties.

Because 45's make bigger holes:
A full sized seecamp-Framed colt 45 acp in stainless and a 45 acp amt back-up

Because bad guys have cooler toys:

A broomhandle Mauser c-96 in .30 mauser and a 32 Hsc as a back-up.

(i read way too much pulp as a kid)

;)

Dr.Rob

[This message has been edited by Dr.Rob (edited November 22, 1999).]

Hmmmm, only 2? I think I'll have to go with the H&K Mark 23 as my main handgun, and then a Glock 26 as a backup gun.

------------------
Trespassers Will Be Shot
Survivors Will Be Shot Again

1911A1 and Commander or 1911A1 and Chief's Special or 1911A1 and AMT DOA .45 Backup or
1911A1 and Star PD.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

If I was going to carry both at the
same time, it would be a Glock 23
and a SW 342/642. This assumes that
concealment isn't a real big issue.

With concealment in mind, I would carry
a 26 or 27 and the J frame.

The latter would be in the pocket opposite
the Glock.