Twist rate questions???

Seem's to me I red years ago that benchrester's went to flat base bullet's as they work better for them. Claim was that BT bullet's don't help at all till way down range.On the other hand, in the past I have used some BT bullet's and they would always group more than well enough for me. I just happen to like flat base bullet's but BT's do start into a case easier when reloading!

Speer has always said boat tail bullets are not needed for under 300 yds. They make their boat tail bullets with a thinner jacket to get expansion beyond 300. Up close they can be failures with violent expansion at high velocities.

I used to never shoot the boat tails, but since leaving Speer and moving to Nosler, they have come into play. The right Nosler bullets are not thin jacketed.

Back when I started hand loading in the early 60s, Sierra bullets were very thin jacketed. They were not good hunting bullets at that time. I got rid of them and haven't used any since the mid 70s. I all fairness, I understand Sierra has made some important changes to their hunting bullets, but I still hear bad experiences with them. Sierra does make good target bullets.

Speer has always said boat tail bullets are not needed for under 300 yds. They make their boat tail bullets with a thinner jacket to get expansion beyond 300. Up close they can be failures with violent expansion at high velocities.

I used to never shoot the boat tails, but since leaving Speer and moving to Nosler, they have come into play. The right Nosler bullets are not thin jacketed.

Back when I started hand loading in the early 60s, Sierra bullets were very thin jacketed. They were not good hunting bullets at that time. I got rid of them and haven't used any since the mid 70s. I all fairness, I understand Sierra has made some important changes to their hunting bullets, but I still hear bad experiences with them. Sierra does make good target bullets.
Speer used to make good bullets. I wouldnt give you a penny a piece for the junk they make now.

Back