Turn in your guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of shooters in Australia said 'What guns'. I live in a country town of 30,000 people and when the Howard gun laws were introduced in Australia plumbers were complaining that they could not buy large diameter poly pipe in town and enterprising store keepers were selling silica gel in volume.

A huge number of guns went underground. One large reason for this was that during WW2 N Australia was almost invaded by the Japanese and people wished to retain the ability to defend themselves.

Ok, OK I admit it!

I have had in my possession, for ten years or so, a 65 dollar SKS. Here it is! Take it, and please leave me be!

I promise I'll be a good citizen now!

sounds tempting to turn in/sell them. but the trouble is if i had any. i would want to keep all of them. not a certain few. no limit of caliber or ammo capacity. if i have a permit to carry something with only 10 rounds. what is to stop the CRIMINALS from carrying a 16 round capacity firearm? NOTHING AT ALL. i swear to fall before i just turn over anything of mine. and no government can pay me enough money to sell any firearms i may own. i work too hard to give up what is rightfully mine. i could need $40,000.00 worth of dental work. would i sell them. NOPE.

would they want to buy a used but not abused bear compound bow? or would something like that be banned and have to be turned in? otherwise faces felony charges.

Anybody remember....

When the mayor of San Francisco (who is now Speaker of the House) made a big deal of turning in her gun, a .38 cal revolver? She got a ban passed in SF (later overturned by the courts), and did a big photo-op thing about how she was turning in her gun.

A little bit later, some enterprising soul ( supposedly using the freedom of information act) found out that the good mayor who turned in her gun was registered for TWO .38 cal revolvers. And she only turned in ONE!

Elitists, even when they have hired protection (men with guns) paid for at taxpayer expense, won't turn in their guns to follow the law that they made!

What better example could there be on how to act when they say "turn in your guns" than the good mayor (now Speaker), who instrituted the law in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back