Turkeys in your area

There's no shortage in SE KY. I see flocks of anywhere from 10-30. All the time. That is until hunting season starts. Then "poof" there gone it seems till after season is over

Turkey . . . shopping . . .

Hunters:
There are so many turkey in my part of southern IL, that I hardly think of it as hunting anymore. It's more like find the turkeys and pick out the one you want to shoot.
Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Turkey populations are coming back up a little in north MO. Not much hope for the numbers of the 80's ever again due to Bobcat predation and nest predation by unchecked small varmints. I've found 5 nests on 60 acres during hay harvest this year. Most looked to be hatched out rather than destroyed. Egg shells noted were 6-8 per nest.

Question,, Here in NH you can only hunt turkeys till noon during the open season weather it be the spring male only or fall either sex, is it like that in all states and if so, what is the reasoning behind it? I have never hunted turkeys so I dont really know their habits.

When I go out to a family hunting cabin in Central Texas, there are always turkeys on the front porch, unless of course it's turkey season, suddenly they are no where to be found. Spring turkey season is when the deer have the porch.

Back