Trying New O/U's?

One can always add an adjustable comb if the gun needs it. I needed it on the XS, not on the 725 Sporting. Fit is totally different. Also, it doesn't kick my face off like some guns do.
Try and find a range that rents guns and try and find something that fits.

If you need an adjustable comb, you might be better off with the factory AC on a Browning. If you go with an after market, have the work done by someone with a strong reputation. Perhaps Tron or Doug Carpenter on SGW. Some don't like the standard Browning AC because they say it doesn't hold its adjustment well enough. I don't know if that is so. I have a buddy with a fairly new 725 Sporting with a factory AC. After reading what Pete wrote I will have to give it a try. My XS shoots dead on for him.

I don,t like the small peg,s on my AC on my XS 20ga and am going to have larger one,s put in. I like the large pegs on my BT-100 12ga. eastbank.

Eastbank, Are you talking about the pegs on factory adjustable combs? Mine isn't factory but Graco hardware. I once thought of getting taller pegs for it.

OP here: I have also discovered SKB's. I am thinking of getting a used gun as a starter and I know about the Brownings, Beretta's etc. I also see that the Japanese SKB's are highly regarded. I am reading that they are serviceable and parts are available. Can anyone confirm this and does this seem like a viable option?

Yes, all parts for the Japanese made SKBs are available through the American distributor. They also will do repair work to these guns. I recently purchased a SKB trap gun built in 2005. The distributor replied promptly to my e-mail. Pricing for service work were very reasonable. My quote for complete cleaning, inspection, adjustment and all new springs was $190.00 including return shipping. They will call you after inspection if they find anything else that needs attention so you can take care of everything at once. Mine is going in right after I finish with a winter league in February.

Back