Tru-Oilers?

Thanks! I'm taking a trip this weekend and want to take my new rifle. After 9 coats now, I'm really not seeing any improvement. I think once it cures after a couple weeks I'll hit it with some 600 grit and wax the stock.

Last edited:
Gun stocks are not really furniture.

Win,
There are dyes, conditioners, sealers and fillers. You are way past this point and it sounds like you are getting great results. I have never applied more than 11-coats and after buffing down the shine, much of the grain is not noticeable. Also, you have not told us the applications. For instance, my M.L's about all I use after final sanding, is conditioner. I have seen Browning type glass finishes on some M/L's that I would never have, on any of my M/L's. Regardless, I really feel that you will be satisfied with you finished product. .. ;)

Tru-Oil;
I have used this product for over 30yrs. and it has withstood our Midwest winters. When switching to an alternative product, you need some assurance that it is applicable to outdoor service. I have seen some very good "furnitures" finish jobs, go bad after a few seasons. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Back