Troy Defense Pump AR15

If you have to use a pump then get a better gun:

1. Get a shotgun or
2. Get a bolt action rifle with an AR style mag like Mossberg now has. More accurate, just as fast.
3. Best option. Move

I'd have to take strong issue with that assessment - #3 -ok, maybe good advice - they'll move if they "can" and want to.

But
#1: Shotgun cannot do what a rifle can do, range wise. And the capacity is much greater with a rifle using STANAG mags.
#2: A pump is materially faster than a turnbolt, even the fastest turnbolt (an SMLE). Semi>Pump>Lever>Turnbolt>Falling Block>Break Action. But more accurate, yes generally.

In addition, a pump is more reliable than a semi... we may be talking a scant difference of 5 failures vs 8 failures in 5000 rounds or some such, but the ARE more reliable on average, than any semi, on average, espec. in dirty and cold conditions.

And then you have the folding stock, which is a tiny thing, really, but there.

This is intriguing to me and I'm not even in a commie state.

Last edited:
2. Get a bolt action rifle with an AR style mag like Mossberg now has. More accurate, just as fast.

For sure....must have been why the bolt action shotgun caught on so well and left those sluggish pump guns so far behind in its dust. :rolleyes:

Back