Trouble can come quickly.

Parking lots are terrible , right here in rural TN a serial killer grabbed a woman on her way into work , a truck driver was kin napped for his truck and what it was carrying , a couple of times bodies have been found unexplained , bumms and meth heads becoming violent and robberies are common . In a near by urban area the Hispanic BP gang had a shoot out with the Crips or Bloods and exacuted one of their members in broad daylight . I know a LEO that works in a bad part of Nashvile and he stays a nervous wreck . He drives a 100 mile one way to make a living there .

Wouldn't the moral of the story be " avoid dark gas station, ATM s , parking lots at night ?"
Fill up in the morning. Most toughs are asleep from pulling all nighter. :)

Um, no. The moral is, "Situational Awareness is Life." While doing your best to avoid things like filling your tank after dark is obviously a good idea, there will invariably be time when you have no choice. That's just the reality that is Life.

Bad things happen to good people. You will never get advance notice from the bad guys on when and where they will do bad things. So, be vigilant, be prepared, and stay alive. Situational Awareness IS Life.

When I was the go too Dad, in my Son's Security Company, for true Guard duty for ATM Tec's, in the dodgy places/times, IE after 9PM.

Pucker factor was hi! Older vehicle pulling up, and waiting, twenty yards away, kids on bikes. And remember, my Security Vehicle parked behind the Tec', complete with orange cones! They still drive up "Is it down!" Yes it is.

So if standing there clearly armed is dodgy, don't go at night!

Back