Trade Opinions

wllfthn

Hey guys -- I haven't been here in awhile. Wasn't sure where to post this thread, so if this is the wrong spot, my apologies..

Anyways, I have the chance to make a trade that I wanted some thoughts on.

I would be trading:
-Springfield XDs .45 3.3" and all XDGear
-400 rounds of range ammo, 25 self defense rounds
-$300.00 Cash

I would be getting
-Ruger Mini 14 Tactical which includes
Factory ATI furniture, sling, Socom barrel support, flash suppressor,
bi-pod, NcStar 4X30 scope with low light covers, Ruger scope mounts,
2-10 round mags, 20 round mag and a 30 round mag.

Here is a link to a picture of it..

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1472011_10200634550700860_1871532816_n.jpg

Let me know what you think..

I have owned two mini 14s, the 200th year anniversary model, 1976, and a recent tactical model with the flash suppressor and supposedly more accurate redesigned barrel. I sold both because the accuracy sucked.

That Mini-14 setup would go for about $800 here.

I would not make the trade, myself, and certainly not with $300 in cash added to it.

Your cash sweetener is about half the price of a used Mini-14. You can add $400 in accessories to a $650 rifle and it won't be worth $1000.

Anyways, I have the chance to make a trade that I wanted some thoughts on.

I would be trading:
-Springfield XDs .45 3.3" and all XDGear
-400 rounds of range ammo, 25 self defense rounds
-$300.00 Cash

I would be getting
-Ruger Mini 14 Tactical which includes
Factory ATI furniture, sling, Socom barrel support, flash suppressor,
bi-pod, NcStar 4X30 scope with low light covers, Ruger scope mounts,
2-10 round mags, 20 round mag and a 30 round mag.

Here is a link to a picture of it..

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...71532816_n.jpg

No. In fact, no with a bunch of extra adjectives and explitaves that would get filtered out.

An XD45, plus cash, plus ammo worth (guessing) a couple hundred, for a tarted up Mini-14?

if you're wanting a tacticool rifle, try and find someone with a low end AR or not quite so low end AK.

Keep that 300, save a bit more and buy a used mini14. IMO the XD 45 (at least the compact one I shot once) is a great gun. I shot it next to 2 gov sized 1911s and while the 1911's trigger is obviously better, the little xd's felt recoil wasn't far off from the full sized all steel guns. I can only imagine how soft it is on a full size model. Not the prettiest gun ever but I'll probably be getting one for a ccw once I'm licensed. The mini14 otoh is, well, just a rifle that shoots ar ammo and not as accurately at that, unlike how an sks is usually more accurate than an ak. My .02

I would not make that trade.

If you really don't feel like you want to keep the XDs .45, sell it privately, and save up for a nice AR15. Prices on AR15's have really come back down to normal here lately.

My Mini 14 had fairly poor accuracy with all ammo types. I would not make that trade either. AR-15 is a better rifle in my opinion if you want a "tactical .223"

Plus I love my XDs. Great little pistols.

right now with some of the sales going on you can build an ar15 for under 600 bucks.

if you are really picky about the barrel and stuff, you can go up to 1400, but that would be some match grade 2 stage trigger stuff.

palmetto state armory for some lower and upper sales.

Did they ever solve the mini-14 accuracy issues?

Don't think I've ever seen or heard of one that was any kind of accurate.

Don't like stepping on toes but ......

I'm seeing a consensus here....................
Rather surprised but have to agree. Hard to believe but Ruger has made some mistakes and the Mini-14 is at the top of the list. JMHO. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

I won both an XDs 45 and a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. And I like both quite a bit.

As for the trade, don't do it. Hang on to that XDs and save your pennies for a Min-14 if it's what you want. The newer series (mine's a 580) have pretty much taken care of the accuracy issues the earlier models suffered from.

Do not trade.

The mini14 has a poor reputation as far as I'm concerned, and it's not that valuable as far as a personal defense rifle goes. Probably around $600, and I wouldn't even pay that. Among the issues are 1) Accuracy and 2) non-compatible mags. It really urks me that the Mini14 doesn't use AR mags. Two big reasons I have no interest in the Mini14.

The XDs has had a recent recall. Make sure you fix yours.
The pistol and ammo are valued around $700 alone, and adding $300 makes yours worth way more than the Mini14.

For that you could buy an AR15 for around $800 or an AK47 for around $600. Both are worlds better than the Mini14.

Back