Tracking point

Do "precision guided" rifles beat regular rifles?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taya Kyle beat Bruce Piatt, who I would not call a slouch. I know him and have shot with him and the man is a pro when it comes to hitting targets. Oh, and they would not let him use a rangefinder. If they had let Bruce use conventional equipment many use in PRS and hunting applications, the outcome could have made Bruce a millionaire.

Taya Kyle really didn't beat Bruce Piatt. It was a staged competition by TP that heavily favored TP. Piatt was allowed to use a rangefinder in the sniper portion of the competition, but that was the only time.

When you have parts of the competition where the rifle is to be fired from where you can't see it (obviously favors TP) but don't have a part of the competition where you have no batteries (and TP won't work) or other obvious flaws of the platform, you realize the who thing was a sham.

Piatt was never going to win. It was a fundraiser designed to raise charity money for Taya Kyle's cause and to promote TP.

-------------

As to what is "sporting" or not. That is just a matter of perspective. There used to be folks who thought using optics wasn't sporting, LOL. What is "sporting" is just a currently accepted norm.

Yes, I fully realize that. I am not sure if Bruce knew all the parameters, he would have accepted the challenge.

Really? I can't afford a $15K pickup truck, let alone a scope like that.
Just ignore the part where the price drops. The electronic components in these aren't worth much. With time they will drop to a point they are reasonable for hunting.

Back