Torn-G26 or P239?

Kahr just isn't competitive with Glock. Their P9 isn't selling. And the MK9 is known as a slippy hard to hold gun. It is accurate but again heavy for its size. And its not a subcompact. Its a pocket/vest gun. Different category.

And yes they are bricks. My HK P7 is a brick too BUT its the most reliable and accurate brick chambered in 9mm. Most of the used Kahrs for sale or on consignment were sold because of their weight or their trigger pull. That's why I sold my Kahr K9 for a Glock 26.

Other than seeing a SS Kahr K9 in "Shaft" that's about the only place you will see it. NYPD does give its officers an option to carry them as backup but they are carrying Glocks to match their duty guns.

Over the past two years, making at least two weekly visits to civilan and police ranges, here in Seattle, I have seen 5/6 Kahrs jammed up on hollowpoints or those that had magazine problems. And I think I've seen about 20 other shooters shooting Kahrs over that same period.

The K9 is nice but most cops and civilians opt for the Drastic Plastic. Sometimes it hurts to be behind the curve.

There could only be two reasons not to choose G-26 over P239. One is you absolutely hate the grip on G-26 and like the P239, and the other is you want DA/SA. I suppose you could argue about the SA trigger feel of the Sig. You can significantly improve the stock trigger of G-26, and do it yourself btw. Accuracy is close (P239 is not as accurate as P226 or P220, and G-26 is one of the most accurate Glocks - this all from my testing). They both have excellent reliability.

Everything else goes to G-26: size, weight, capacity, durability, fast follow ups, corrosion resistance, simplicity and availability of parts replacement, cheap mags etc...

I recently had a chance to shoot the SIG 239 and a couple of Glocks. I hated the SIG 239. The double-action trigger was too long (I actually had to change my finger position on the trigger), the grip was too short (my hands are only average sized) and it kept dumping shells on my head (very annoying). However, I was very accurate with it during single-action firing.

The Glocks shot nicely, but I would be worried about carrying one with a round in the chamber given my skill level (I only shoot every other week and I do not carry religiously.) If you practice alot and are extremely disciplined, the Glock sure seems like the way to go. I will stick to my idiot-proof H&K P7M8.

There is a Gunsite Kahr.
Is there a Glock version?

Glock owners sure are tremendously loyal--ya gotta give 'em that...

Now I'm guilty of gassing the fire! All in good fun though. All three choices are great CCW pieces, we each just have our individual preferences.

--A Glock Cult refugee--

HAH... you WILL be assimilated into the Glock Talk collective sooner or later! Again, learn to use that short reset on the sproingy trigger.

Well, maybe he should get a 1911... doesn't Thunder Ranch have one of those made for it? :D

(someone please tell me who the heck the Moonies are)
--------------------------------------------

HK fan by heart, Glock fan by head...

The gunsmiths at Gunsite created a "custom" Kahr. There is a review and story at the Kahr website.

Yeah, Yeah, Glock Perfection don't need no stinkin' custom version! :)

Back