Top 5 Assault Rifles!

Firepower!

I would like see what, in your opinion/experience, are the top 5 select fire rifles in the world at this time.

Please list them in order of preference.

Here is my list:

1. Ak 47
2. M4
3. G3
4. Sig 552
5. Styer AUG

I had hard time leaving out AKSU74 and G36.

Last edited:
ok...automatic rifles then!

M4 is very handy and accurate. Just the numbers produced does not push it in the list. Select fire on M4 is amazingly smooth.

Why do WE call them ASSUALT rifles? Are we not falling into the liberal trap and hurting ourselves

Because that's what they are...

"Assault weapons" on the other hand is a stupid term invented by the media.

I'm probably going to make someone mad, but I don't see how the AK makes the list. Maybe because its easy to teach a 10 year old how to shoot...otherwise they are garbage. The trigger sucks, they are not accurate, the sight radius is way too short, the safety is awkward to operate, the mags have to be rocked into position. I suppose it does have a few things going for it, reliability and cheap ammo. I'm just not terribly fond of the rifle myself, especially when there are so many good rifles out there.

I can understand some of these disadvantages of AK47 regardless if I agree with them or not, but I cant understand how it does not make the top 5 list. Can you list your top 5 without some repetition of smiliar things, please?

I also do not agree that AK is not accurate. I have fired AK extensively and I can (INS) drop a target at 200 yarfs with iron sights. Thats pretty good since most combat is within that range.

Then there is now historical value of AK since it just revalutionized the way automatice rifles are made.

G3KA3 is pretty handy and powerful rifle so cant throw it out just yet. G36 is great but I have a few in list chambering 5.56mmx45.

I watched a show on the military channel that rated the top 10 battle rifles of all time. The top gun was the AK-47, the man said if he could have only 1 gun it would be the AK-47, second was the M-16. I don't remember all the others or their order but the M1 Garrand was near the top, the M-14 was #10 I believe, the Enfield was near the middle, the FN-Fal was listed along with the Mauser and 1903 Springfield. A few that didn't make it were the G3 and the Mosin. It was on TV so it must be true.

rifles

i will stick with my aug thank you. i personally am more accurate with it than any of the others. i do have most of them. oh none are full auto though. just cant afford that wish i could.

Last edited:
I also do not agree that AK is not accurate. I have fired AK extensively and I can (INS) drop a target at 200 yarfs with iron sights. Thats pretty good since most combat is within that range.

+ 1,in full agreement with this...

The only reason the M-16/M-4 makes the list IMHO is from the number produced. Not because of the design.
Ever stop to think the two might be related :D Or are all people who produce them just hopping on the bandwagon :p

Anyways....why cant we mix and match!?
The battle for
AK VS M16 Has been drawn out for years. Why cant we just mix them completely...none of this...maybe well change this. Oh how about this. I mean completely combine features.
*Make the magazine well with the m16 type so they can be easily, and quickly SLAPPED into the rifle.
*Use the ar15 type locking lug system so the receiver can still be made out of a light metal.
*Use a piston type ar15, get rid of the gas tube and bcg key and stop $#!tting where you ear mr M16!
*Up the cartridge size to have the "power" of the ak47, to something close to it. Like .308, another 7.62[ar-10 I know...but with THESE goodies] (Uppers are already made)
*Stay with the aperture sights, but with an m4 rail so the rifle can have numerous optics
*You know how windows in some cars are push down a little, it will go up or down till you let go. And if you push hard enough it will click and automatically roll all the way down...why not design a triger around this principle?
*Moly stock, get rid of the wood ak....gettin old IMHO Molys where its at : D
Thts all I got for tonight. Got up at 4:30 and worked a 13 hour shift at the boat yard I work at....people love 4th of july. HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!
-dave

*You know how windows in some cars are push down a little, it will go up or down till you let go. And if you push hard enough it will click and automatically roll all the way down...why not design a triger around this principle?
Because a panicked trooper in an ambush will jerk the trigger and expend their entire supply of ammo in about 2 minutes. The AK wisely has the safety selector go from "safe" to "auto" to "semi". A panicked soldier will slap the selector all the way down to "semi", the correct choice for a high stress environment.

Lavid2002....are you thinking Daewoo's K2?
Eh...not really. It still has the same .223 rem round. It has the reliability...but the two things I would say the ak has over the ar15 are reliability and firepower. This lacks firepower.

Back