Took fiancee shooting, need advice

Gaerek said:
Frank, I have trouble getting groups like that at 7 yards sometimes!...
And her mother put six rounds (.44 Sp/.44 Magnum - three rounds each) into one ragged hole. Come take our class.:D:D

Come take our class.

Bay Area? I lived there during the 90's. North Bay, in Novato to be exact. Unfortuantely, I try to avoid California as much as possible today, even though I really liked that area. I noticed you've come to Sierra Vista to help teach before. Come on back sometime, let me know, and I'll try to make it! Sierra Vista is just a leisurely 45 minutes East along I-10 for me. :p

Frank it looks like you do a quality instruction class. Props man!

I've thought about getting my instructor license as I teach basic fundamentals of rifle shooting at our yearly qualification for military. Not really by volunteer either lol, but I don't mind it. Keeps ME fresh in my mind on everything. Just never looked into it nor do I really have the time. Firearms is a loved hobby...if I try to turn it into a money maker I am sure it'll follow suit of my automotive love and become a hated job.

I hate...HATE seeing people just hand a new shooter a weapon and say look here and pull trigger. I underlined the wording as I know you know you can rip it to heck and back.

The factory 115 grain 9mm bullet is lower recoiling than the 124 grain 9mm. The 22 magnum has a better felt recoil similar to a 38 Special, when shot in a light revolver and is a joy to shoot.

Silver00LT said:
Frank it looks like you do a quality instruction class. Props man!...
Thank you, sir. But I also want to be clear that this isn't just me. We have a group who put on the class. There's a core of six of us plus a number of others. We'll have five or more instructors at each class, so each student can get a lot of person attention.

The group has been around for a great many years. I've been a part of it for about the last five years. We have an all day instructor meeting at least once a year to go over and revise our power point presentation and discuss training issues and methodology.

Having a group of instructors in class can be very useful. We each handle things slightly differently and have different strengths. So if a student is having a problem one of us can't seem to help with, another one of us usually can.

A lot of the 38's spank the hand. Check out the sp101 in 357 and a Hogue grip while firing the 38 ammo. You will be impressed w/ the ease. Later on, as she becomes comfortable w/ 38 ammo, may be introduce her to +P ammo. If not for shooting, at least for carry ammo.

A reply to Post #11

I have a perfect dirt bank behind my house but it is in town! What a bummer, eh?

(I don't know how to Quote - help!)

(I don't know how to Quote - help!)

Highlight and right click what you want to copy; go to reply.
Left click on the icon that looks like a cartoon word bubble - just left of the # sign in the toolbar on the reply page. Place your cursor between the [quote [/quote, right click, paste

Back