Token Firearm

The T-Bolt just catches people's attention and very few people have fired a straight pull bolt action.
I had one of those for many years...an old "salt wood" stock. However, I took care of the metal and it did not rust.

As for straight pull bolt action, I had one of the Swiss rifles also.

SAA .45 Colt. Most of my buds like the tactical type plastic guns. When they see my old fashioned blued steel and walnut cowboy gun, they all want to run a few rounds through it

People seem to enjoy my Quarter Circle 10 7.5" 9mm AR when it has the can on it and shooting subsonic bullets. Definitely not a "boomer", quite the opposite.

picture.php

My personal favorite is my Garand, but people don't ask to shoot it much- which is unfortunate because I think its reputation for recoil is somewhat misplaced, it's a dream to shoot.

Maybe one of these days I can do the big 5-0, but that's probably fun for Future Will to pay for.

I had one of those for many years...an old "salt wood" stock. However, I took care of the metal and it did not rust.

As for straight pull bolt action, I had one of the Swiss rifles also.
The Swiss rifles are a lot of fun. My dad had a K-31 that he used in vintage rifle matches from time to time. I fired it a few times and thought it was a very nice rifle.

In full confession, I've never seen a vintage T-Bolt in person. My maple stocked sporter had to be special ordered at my request. I really like it. My CZs might be measurably more accurate with a wider variety of ammo, but they aren't as trim and attractive. (Though the 452 Lux in .22LR is an absolute gem.)

The token firearm I could never get anyone else to try was my TC Encore Katahdin ProHunter with a 20" .45-70 barrel. About 6 pounds all up, kicked like a mule with anything heavier than cowboy loads. It always drew a crowd, and they were always just spectators at the train wreck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back