Token Firearm

SmellyShooter

What gun in your collection is the gun that others most often want to shoot? What gun is it that all your shooting buddies want to try out? Or what gun of yours do new shooters always want to shoot? For me, everybody wants to shoot my Lee Enfield. Its my favorite gun too, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to feed.

My .50, even at the range people ask and I always let them. I view it as "hearts and minds", that and I never charge them to shoot it.

The grin that they have afterwards is worth more then money. If I'm there with a few other friends that own .50's, they get a chance of shooting multiple types of .50's.

I always give the kids a piece of brass to remind them about getting to shoot the big .50!

It's not outrageously expensive, I reload for it and surplus I can keep it at a dollar or less each. Match grade costs more but by reloading it the price is about half.

I've got a few 'What the Heck is THAT?!?!?!?!" guns :)

Something for everyone!
Folks are drawn to odd things...from a Baby Luger to a Calico 100-rd 9mm :)

Been working on a Guitar Hard Case gun carrier...
so I can put ALL my pistols in it at once...
then open it up and show off the goods!!

Only a certain number of people KNOW what I have in my collection, and I try and keep it that way. Many know me as the "gun guy" in a few social and family circles, but that's as far as it goes since most are not interested. The few that ARE gun people and I know well enough to show them my collection, often want to shoot a Garand or a 1903. Had a younger guy (20 something) that was drawn to the AK because he'd seen it in so many war movies. However, just acquired a Sharps in 45-70. Still haven't fired it yet, but two of my buddies that know I got one are bugging me to get it to the range so they can feel one against their shoulder. Everybody wants to be Quigly!

7.62x25 Tokarev pistols.
Seems the bark and muzzle flash draw some attention when most folks are shooting .22, 9mm, .40 or .45.
Probably doesn't hurt that both the Tokarev and CZ52 look a bit out of the current mainstream.

My Mauser 98 in 444 Marlin. It gets some odd looks when people realize it is actually very light and that big barrel has a big hole through it.

Ruger MkIII suppressed
9mm AR carbine
USPSA Open Division pistol

I've got a Extar EP9 in transit--suspect
it will be another that gets "tried out"

Boomer, hands down!
Barrett M107A1, a .50 BMG semi.
It’s the most fun you can have in public with your clothes on. :D :D :D
(Really)

rEnAOCR.gif

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, the CZ P-10C FDE and the BREN 805. Some have looked at the 527M/CSR, but decided the weird completely custom stock was too much for them.

I have far more handguns than long guns, and that is what I mostly shoot. The pistol that gets the most rounds through it by others, be they beginners or old hands, is my Beretta Neos. It's just that much fun.

It's either my Colt Competition in .38 Super or my blond maple stocked Browning T-Bolt.

Everyone thinks they know what to expect from the Colt, especially if they've fired "45s" before. Inevitably there's a smile and maybe a little laughter when they try it.

The T-Bolt just catches people's attention and very few people have fired a straight pull bolt action.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Browning 1911-22.

Everybody wants to shoot at least one mag through it.

Then they giggle a little, and say they want one too.

Not everyone knows everything I can use either- as there are too many weirdos out there that could overhear it.

In my circles, people like history more than modern 'cool' factors. Especially WWII history.

enough said. :)

I think the top two for me would be the hand-made Chinese "FN Browning Mauser" pistol brought back from Korea, and, oddly enough, the Savage/Stevens 258B (20 ga bolt action shotgun) that I resurrected from a broken, twisted pile of garbage that a gunsmith thought so highly of that he used it to hold the flue open on his wood stove for 30+ years.

Any time the suppressors are out, they get a lot of attention, too. ...And I only shoot with family that has all been exposed to them before - never at a range with anyone else on the firing line that I'm using. (Most of our firing lines only have two shooting positions, each, and I tend to hit the range before sunrise. So, that's not difficult to achieve.)

Based on recent comments, my new 6.5-284 Norma may supplant the Savage/Stevens as the number two. The family seems more excited about that rifle's potential than I do...

Browning 1911-22.

Everybody wants to shoot at least one mag through it.

Then they giggle a little, and say they want one too.
Yep. I'm one of them. It's awesome.
I need one.

Back