To Shoot or Not to Shoot.....

(aside: it has been noted that most .35 rifles hit a lot harder than their "paper ballistics" would suggest. I would happily tote that .35 Whelen out for Grizz or Brown.)

It is true that I have often have firearms that I have had for quite some time without firing. This was always due to a lack of time in the day. (and sometimes, a plethora of firearms) When it comes to firearms, if I can't shoot it, I don't see why I would want it.

Kodiac,

Would that 6 mil be a 6mm PPC? If so, you have an incredibly accurate cartridge, if the platform is decent.

to own a gun and not fire it? YES
I inherited 4 firearms from my father in law that he had for several years but never fired. His heart was bad for several years before he passed away so he just didn't get out much. He still loved guns and 2 or 3 times a year he would go to a gun show and bring some new pride and joy home. He just never got around to shooting them before he past away.

Actually there are two weapons in my safe that are unfired. An NRA Centenial Win 73 and an Erma Navy Luger (22 lr). I'm probably never going to fire these as they were both bought new and if I ever need quick cash they are worth quite a bit more unfired. Besides my safe is crammed with about 75 or 80 weapons right now so I couldn't fire all of them now if I wanted unless I got another job to pay for the ammo (even reloading) and about two weeks off just to try them all out.

I have several guns I shoot and never plan on purchasing a gun I don't plan on shooting.
That said I have not made it to the range to shoot my latest acquisitions and my grandmother plans on giving me a S&W 22lr revolver my grandfather purchased before he died. The revolver has never been fired. I don't know if I should.

Back