To Jewel or not

And that's the thing: Do whatever you want FOR YOU.
Just don't jewel it as an investment for resale.
Denis

You got the rifle at a reasonable price. What does the bore look like? That will tell you if you'll be making money or wasting it trying to make it look new. If it won't shoot well without a barrel change then it's a wall hanger and that's your market and your max value will be in how it reflects it's age.

If the bore is good then put it up for sale as is with a collectors price and see what happens. If no one is interested then sell it through your shop and offer the prospective buyer upgrade options and get the revenue from that.

The market on shooter grade model pre 64 model 70s is soft. There is always the exception for a scarce model or caliber. The same thing has hit Win M12 shotguns. The new shooters and hunters aren't buying them. True collectors items will always be desirable and the rest will become just guns. The buying public will buy a new BA hi-tech rifle for $1K before they
invest in a used "out of date" gun. Us old timers who want them are getting thin. I hit it lucky when I was a kid. I got a NIB pre 64 in 308 in 1964. I still have that one. At one time
I had over 20 of them. I think they are the best American made bolt action ever produced.
When I bought new BAs after that I went to Sako, Styre, ect.

Back